You may own a car or desire to own one for yourself. It is a beautiful feeling when you purchase a new vehicle for yourself and you take it out for a drive. However, owning a car is a responsibility and you must demonstrate that by having proper documents supporting the fact that you are the rightful owner of your vehicle. Out of the many documents that you must have is a four-wheeler driving license (DL) as it is the most important document or proof of ownership of your vehicle that you must possess for yourself.
Earlier, it used to be difficult to obtain a DL as you would have to stand in a line and wait for hours in order to submit your form before you would get your DL. Today, the process of obtaining a driver license is extremely simple as you are a few clicks away from submitting your necessary documents and applying for a driving license.
The process of applying for a four wheeler driving license online
The process of applying for a driving license is given below:
- Log in to parivahan.gov.in
- On the left side of the page you will find the Driving License section
- Click on the ‘Apply Section’ tab
- Since you require a new driving license, click on the ‘New Driving License’ tab
- You will be redirected to a page where you will see the stages in application submission and the requirements you will have to fulfill in order to successfully submit your application. Read it and once you have done so, click on the option ‘Continue’.
- You will have to choose any one of the options from the following three i.e. holding learner’s license, holding foreign DL, and holding Defence License.
- As per the option selected by you, fill in the details as required and click on the button OK/Submit.
- You will then be asked to upload the necessary documents such as your age proof, address proof, identity proof etc.
- You will also have to upload a scanned copy of your passport size photo and signature.
- Once you have successfully uploaded all the documents, kindly select the timing for your Driving License appointment. It is recommended that you select a time and date when you will be available to visit the RTO and take the test.
- After you have selected the time and date of your choice on which you will appear for the test, kindly proceed to pay the required amount asked as the fee. Pay the fee and your application will be submitted to the RTO.
- On the day of your test, it is recommended that you arrive a few minutes early from your scheduled slot and then give your Driving License test.
Hence, the process of filling the application form online in order to obtain a new DL is very simple. All you need is to have an internet connection and your documents in place. On visiting the official website mentioned above, the process is fairly simple and it will take only a few minutes for you to submit your application form.