Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Co. Ltd. is a joint enterprise between the Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Co. Ltd, Japan and the Murugappa Group. The firm is considered as one of the top insurance firms in India with 109 branches located across the country and more than 9,000 agents offering the best insurance services to people.
Features of Chola MS car insurance claim process
Chola MS car insurance claim process has the following features:
- Wide network of authorised garages for cashless claim settlement
- 24x7 dedicated customer care for assisting the customers
- Quick and hassle-free claim settlement process with minimal documentation
Chola MS car insurance claim process
The following steps are involved in the claim process:
- Claim registration - Call the Chola MS customer care as soon as the mishap happens and register your claim. The customer care executive will guide you through the procedure and give you your claim reference number.
- File an FIR at the nearest police station
- Incident survey - Once your claim has been registered, the insurer will send an authorised surveyor to inspect your vehicle and assess the total damage incurred due to a mishap.
- Document submission and providing details - Submit the originals and copies of the below documents to the surveyor at the time of incident survey
- Claim form duly filled and signed by you
- The repair estimate after having a mechanic check the damaged vehicle
- Your vehicle’s Registration Copy
- The driving license of the person driving the vehicle at the time
- Copy of the FIR you filed
Car insurance policy document
Get the document copies verified against the originals by the surveyor in order to process your claim.
- Getting your vehicle repaired - Once the surveyor verifies your documents and assesses the loss, the insurer will approve the repair of your vehicle. Drive your car or get your vehicle towed to the nearest cashless garage in case of a cashless claim or an non-network garage in case of a reimbursement claim, to get your vehicle repaired.
- Claim settlement - Claim settlement will depend on the type of claim you have registered.
In case of a cashless claim, after your vehicle is repaired at the garage, the insurer will directly pay the garage for the repairs made to your car. Post payment, your car will be delivered.
In case of a reimbursement claim, after your car has been repaired, you need to pay the garage for the repairs made and collect the invoice and payment receipt for the same. Submit the invoice and payment receipt to the insurer and get the amount you spent on your vehicle repairs reimbursed.
Exclusions of Chola MS car insurance
The Chola MS car insurance claim process will not be applicable under the following circumstances:
- If the driver of the vehicle doesn’t have a valid licence
- If the driver of the vehicle is underage
- Regular wear and tear of the vehicle as a result of aging
- Mechanical or electrical failure of the vehicle
- If the accident took place outside of the specified geographical location
- If the driver broke any traffic rules while driving
- In case the driver was under the influence of drugs/alcohol while driving
- If a commercial car was being used for personal purpose and vice-versa
Chola MS car insurance FAQs:
In case I sell my car, what options do I have for my car insurance?
In case you sell your car, you can choose any of the following options for your car insurance:
- Cancel your car insurance policy
- Transfer your insurance policy to the buyer
- Transfer your insurance policy to your new car in case you are planning to purchase a new one
How can I make changes to my insurance policy in case there are some changes to be made?
You can submit a Letter of Endorsement along with the vehicle Registration Copy to the insurer in case you want to incorporate the changes in your insurance policy.
How do I add or delete the Hypothecation in my car insurance policy?
To add Hypothecation: You have to submit a letter from the bank/an Endorsed RC copy to your insurer.
To delete Hypothecation: You have to submit a NOC/an Endorsed RC copy to your insurer.
What is a No Claims Bonus (NCB)?
A No Claim Bonus is a discount on the insurance premium rewarded by the insurer to the insured for every claim-free year.
What is an IDV in car insurance?
IDV is an acronym for Insured's Declared Value and is the present market value of your vehicle which is inclusive of the vehicle and vehicle parts rate of depreciation.