Health insurance policies offer the policyholder a cover against various healthcare-related expenses that one might have to go through as a result of an emergency hospitalisation. In addition to covering in-patient hospitalisation, health insurance plans also provide certain other benefits such as a cover against domiciliary hospitalisation, reimbursement of ambulance charges, cover for daycare treatments, etc. In addition to offering various life insurance solutions, Edelweiss Tokio Life also offers its customers a critical illness health insurance plan with a comprehensive coverage.
Benefits of Edelweiss Tokio Life Health Insurance Plans
- Online policy purchase: Edelweiss Tokio Life offers its health insurance policy online, on their official website. Thus, as a prospective policy buyer, you can choose to purchase this policy from them anywhere, and at any time.
- Tax benefits: Premiums paid towards this policy and the payout received are eligible for tax benefits. Thus, you can claim tax benefits under Section 10(10D) and Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Option to make multiple claims: Policyholders can make up to 3 claims during the policy tenure. Further, after the first claim is made, future premium payments will be waived off by the insurer.
- Comprehensive coverage: This policy provides coverage for 17 critical illnesses. Upon diagnosis of the critical illness, the insurer will payout a lump sum benefit to the policyholder if the policyholder survives for a period of 28 days after diagnosis of the disease.
List of Health Insurance Plans provided by Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance
The CritiCare+ Plan from Edelweiss Tokio Life is a non-linked, non-participating, critical illness plan that provides coverage against 17 critical illnesses. Thus, in case the policyholder is diagnosed with a critical illness, he/she will receive a lump sum benefit from the insurer. This payout can be used by the policyholder or his/her family to pay for healthcare needs of the insured individual or to take care of day-to-day expenses.
Benefits and Features of the Edelweiss Tokio Life CritiCare+ Plan
- Policy buyers who opt for a high sum assured are eligible to receive discounts from the insurer.
- In order to purchase this policy, prospective policy buyers need to be 18 years or above. The maximum age at entry is 65 years.
- The policyholder can avail coverage until he/she attains 70 years of age.
- This policy can be purchased for a minimum policy tenure of 5 years and a maximum policy term of 30 years.
- Premiums will have to be paid on an annual basis to the insurer.
- The minimum premium payable is Rs.2,000.
- The minimum sum assured that a policy buyer can opt for is Rs.5 lakh, while the maximum sum assured that can be opted is Rs.1 crore.
- This policy comes with an initial waiting period of 90 days. The waiting period between claims is 365 days.
- In order to be eligible to receive the payout, the policyholder will need to survive for a period 28 days after being diagnosed with the disease.
- At the time of purchasing this policy, policy buyers can opt for the Single Claim option or the Multi Claim option.
- In case the policyholder is diagnosed with any one of the 17 illnesses mentioned in the policy brochure, the insurer will provide a lump sum payout.
- If the policyholder opts for the Multiclaim option, the insurer will provide a waiver of future premiums after the first claim is made.
|Edelweiss Tokio Life CritiCare+ Plan
||18 Years – 65 Years
Why should one opt for an Edelweiss Tokio Life Health/Critical Illness Insurance Plan?
A critical illness can lead to a number of out-of-pocket expenses, which can put a dent in your savings. Thus, one way to secure yourself from the financial hassles of being diagnosed with an illness or disease is to purchase a comprehensive critical insurance policy that provides coverage against a number of illnesses. In addition to the monetary benefits offered by critical illness plans, you can also claim tax benefits for premiums paid towards a health/critical illness plan under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, thus helping you save more money.
With regard to the insurance provider, Edelweiss Tokio Life is a leading insurer in India. Established in the year 2011, the insurer currently has around 91 branches across the country and has employed 21,449 agents to help their customers. Edelweiss Tokio offers a range of life insurance solutions and a critical illness plan to meet the varied insurance-related needs of their growing consumer base. For the financial year 2016-17, the insurer reported a high claim settlement ratio of 93.29%.