Hospitalisation comes with its own set of financial burden even with the protection of a comprehensive health insurance plan. While a mediclaim policy takes care of the actual expenses incurred by a person, hospitalisation typically involves expenses related to traveling, food, and other personal comfort items. If you wish to protect yourself against these expenses, it is better to sign up for a hospital cash policy to provides daily allowance to the insured during the time of hospitalisation. Bajaj Allianz Hospital Cash Daily Allowance Policy is one such policy designed for that very purpose. The affordable price tag and flexible benefits make it a worthy addition to a base health insurance plan.
Eligibility for Bajaj Allianz Hospital Cash Daily Allowance Policy
This policy is available for anyone who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The entry age of the proposer and his/her spouse must be between 18 years and 65 years.
- Dependents between the age of 3 months and 21 years can be covered in this policy along with their parents.
- Lifelong renewal benefits are available as long as the entry age criteria is satisfied.
Features of Bajaj Allianz Hospital Cash Daily Allowance Policy
Some of the notable features of Bajaj Allianz Hospital Cash Daily Allowance Policy can be listed as follows:
- This policy comes in 4 different daily cash sum insured options for policyholders to choose: Rs.500, Rs.1,000, Rs.2,000 per day, and Rs.2,500 per day.
- Policyholders can choose between 30 days and 60 days coverage period for availing daily cash benefits.
- A family discount of 5% can be availed on premiums if 2 or more family members can be enrolled in a policy.
- Any sickness hospitalisation claims made within 30 days of commencement of the policy will not be covered by this policy.
- The sum insured amount chosen at the time of enrollment can be enhanced only during the time of renewal.
- There is a grace period of 30 days to renew this policy cover after the date of renewal.
- Customers can use the free look period of 15 days to review the terms and conditions of this policy cover.
- The company allows portability as per the guidelines issued by the IRDAI without losing out any accrued benefits.
- The premium amount paid for this policy is eligible for income tax relief as per Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Benefits of Bajaj Allianz Hospital Cash Daily Allowance Policy
The benefits available under Bajaj Allianz Hospital Cash Daily Allowance Policy can be given as follows:
||Extent of Coverage
|Daily cash allowance during hospitalisation
||Specified sum insured amount for the exact number of days of hospitalisation (max. 30 days or 60 days)
|Cash allowance for admission in ICU
||Double the specified daily cash amount for a maximum of 7 days
Exclusions of Bajaj Allianz Hospital Cash Daily Allowance Policy
These are the following list of exclusions for which the company is not liable to provide any compensation:
- All pre-existing diseases
- Any treatment that is experimental in nature
- All variants of cancer (except for invasive malignant melanoma)
- Expenses related to medical check up or examination
- Cosmetic or aesthetic treatments of all kinds
- Any illness that has been classified as an epidemic
- Dental treatments unless necessitated by an accident
- Self inflicted injuries and suicide attempt
- Any kind of sexually transmitted diseases
- Any complications related to pregnancy or childbirth
- Hospitalisation for traction and physiotherapy
- Claims related to war, invasion, exposure to nuclear materials, radiation, etc.
- Any losses caused by natural perils
- Any claims arising out of participation in hazardous activities
- Any kind of non-allopathic treatment
In case of hospitalisation, the company must be notified immediately by contacting the customer service department. The company will request various documents in order to process the claim. Some of the documents include:
- Duly filled claim form
- Policy details (name of the insured, address, contact no., etc.)
- Hospitalisation details
- Discharge summary with diagnosis
- Supporting documents to prove the diagnosis
- First consultation paper
- Any other documents that may be requested by the company
Once these documents are submitted, the company will process the claim by verifying these documents. Following the verification of documents, the company will notify the insured about the acceptance or rejection of the claim. In case of rejection, the reason for rejection will be provided by the company. For valid claims, the settlement amount will be provided within a reasonable time.