General insurer Bajaj Allianz is renowned for its range of health insurance products in its lineup. The company offers different types of products tailor-made to meet the specific requirements of individuals, families, and senior citizens. Its Women Specific Critical Illness Plan is designed to offer protection against various serious illnesses that are commonly faced by women. While critical illness is the main focus of this cover, it also provides coverage against the risk of job loss and expenses incurred for children’s education.
Eligibility for Bajaj Allianz Women Specific Critical Illness Plan
The following eligibility criteria applies to people who wish to take the Bajaj Allianz Women Specific Critical Illness Plan:
- The age of the proposer must be between 21 years and 65 years.
- This policy can be renewed till one’s lifetime under normal circumstances.
Features of Bajaj Allianz Women Specific Critical Illness Plan
This critical illness policy comes with the following list of features:
- This policy comes with 4 different sum insured options: Rs.50,000, Rs.1 lakh, Rs.1.5 lakh, and Rs.2 lakh.
- This is an annual policy, and it must be renewed every year for continuous coverage.
- This policy comes with a survival period of 30 days. In other words, the insured must survive for at least 30 days after the first diagnosis of a named critical illness.
- Any critical illness diagnosed within the first 90 days of commencement of the policy will not be covered.
- The sum insured amount chosen at the time of enrollment can be enhanced only during the time of renewal.
- The first 15 days following the inception of the policy can be used as free look period to review the terms and conditions of the policy.
- Customers are given a grace period of 30 days from the date of expiry to renew this policy cover. Coverage will not be provided for the days during which the premium is not paid.
- Based on the portability guidelines issued by the IRDAI, this policy allows policy portability to and from other insurers in the market.
- The premium amount paid for this policy is eligible for income tax relief as per Section 80D of the IT Act.
List of Critical Illnesses Covered
The list of critical illnesses covered by Bajaj Allianz Women Specific Critical Illness Plan can be given as follows:
- Ovarian Cancer
- Vaginal Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Fallopian Tube Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Permanent Paralysis of Limbs
Benefits of Bajaj Allianz Women Specific Critical Illness Plan
This critical illness cover provides the following benefits for its customers:
||Extent of Coverage
|First diagnosis of a critical illness
||Lump sum payment of 100% of the sum insured amount
|Congenital disability benefit
||50% of the sum insured amount if the insured gives birth to a baby with the following congenital diseases
- Spina bifida
- Down’s syndrome
- Cleft palate with or without cleft lip
- Congenital cyanotic heart disease
- Tracheo-esophageal fistula
|Children education bonus
||Rs.25,000 for the education of dependent children (if any) along with critical illness claim
|Loss of job
||Rs.25,000 for any loss of job following the diagnosis of a critical illness
Exclusions of Bajaj Allianz Women Specific Critical Illness Plan
Some of the exclusions applicable to Bajaj Allianz Women Specific Critical Illness Plan can be given as follows:
- Any critical illness for which treatment or advice was received before the inception of the policy
- Any claims related to pregnancy, childbirth, or related complications
- Sexually transmitted diseases or venereal diseases
- Claims attributable to war, invasion, or warlike activities
- Occupational diseases
- Illnesses or injuries attributable to natural perils
- Intentional self injury, suicide, or attempted suicide
- Claims related to consequential losses
- Any claims attributable to participation in hazardous activities
Following the first diagnosis of a named critical illness, the company must be notified within a maximum of 48 hours. During the course of the critical illness, the insured must follow the advice and treatment plan recommended by the physician. Once the survival period is satisfied, the claim must be filed along with the supporting documents. It is necessary to file the claim within 30 days of diagnosis of the illness. The following list of documents are required while filing for the claim:
- Duly filled claim form
- Copy of discharge certificate
- Copy of final hospital bill
- Policy copy
- First consultation letter for the illness
- Medical certificate from the physician
- Diagnostic reports
- Policy FIR copy (in case of burns)
- Any other documents requested by the company
Once the above mentioned documents are submitted, the company will proceed with the claim process. The documents will be verified, and the company will communicate the acceptance or rejection of the claim to the insured. If the policy is rejected, the reason for rejection will be provided by the company. Upon acceptance, the settlement amount will be provided within a reasonable time.