Liberty General Insurance is a joint venture between Enam Securities, Liberty Citystate holdings PTE Ltd, DP Jindal Group and Liberty Mutual Insurance Group. The firm started business in 2013 with an aim to provide an umbrella of insurance services in the private, industrial and commercial realm. Liberty car insurance is one of their sub products.
Car Insurance Online from Liberty Car Insurance
||Up to Rs.7.5 lakhs
|Cashless Network Garages
|Incurred Claim Ratio 2016-17
|Net Earned Premium
- Depreciation cover
- Consumables cover
- GAP value cover
- Passenger assist cover
- Roadside assistance cover
- Quick claim settlement
- Instantaneous purchase
- Third-party liability
- Personal accident cover
- Loss due to natural calamities
- Loss due to man-made calamities
- Loss due to wear & tear
- Damage due to general aging of the car
- Nuclear risks, war
Features and Benefits
Faster claim settlement- Liberty car insurance settles claim in a fast and efficient manner. Known to have a good track record, the insurance provider usually settles any claim within 7 working days.
Comprehensive coverage- This policy provides a complete coverage package for the car. Apart from the compulsory third-party liability cover, you are protected against various other threats including man-made calamities such as theft etc. It also covers natural calamities such as floods, earthquakes, etc.
Different add-on covers- Policyholders can avail a wide range of additional benefits such as depreciation cover, consumables cover, GAP value cover and 24/7 roadside assistance.
Cashless services- Liberty General Insurance has a good network of around 1,900 cashless garages around the country, where customers can avail high-quality services without any hassles.
No claim bonus- The no claim bonus amount can be easily transferred to this policy from any other insurance provider in a stress-free and smooth manner.
24/7 customer support-A good customer support team works round-the-clock to resolve issues, answer queries and handle the claim settlement process in hasty and efficient manner. The team works on all holidays and can be contacted for any issues during emergencies.
Easy Steps To Apply for Liberty Car Insurance Online
- Log on to the Liberty General Insurance website. On the website, click on the ‘Quick Quote’ option. Here, you have to click on the insurance product that you are interested in.
- This will redirect you to another page where you have to fill in basic personal details. Here you can either choose to buy a new car insurance policy or renew an existing one.
- Fill in your mobile number and valid e-mail ID
- In the next step, you can fill in your car details
- Once this is done you can view your premium quote. If you're happy with the same, you can proceed to make payment. Any clarifications can be resolved by contacting the toll-free customer support number, before making a purchase.
- Once the payment is made, the policy will be sent immediately.
Why Liberty Car Insurance
|No claim bonus
|Cashless claim service
Add-on covers on Liberty Car Insurance
An attractive set of add-ons makes a good insurance policy even better. Below are the add-on covers provided by Liberty car insurance:
Depreciation cover- With this add-on option, the policyholder has the advantage of getting their full claim amount without any deductions. So, if a claim is filed for any damage, let’s say after a collision, the entire cost of repair will be covered.
Consumable cover-Under this add-on option, the policyholder can obtain coverage for the cost of consumable items in case they are damaged or are not fit for use. Consumables include nuts and bolts, screws, washers, lubricants, fuel, filter, brake oil, washers, engine oil, oil filter, fuel filter, grease, lubricants clip, air conditioner’s gas.
GAP value cover-This add-on will cover the difference arising between the declared value of the vehicle and the showroom price of the same car. Therefore, this provides the policyholder the benefit of getting coverage for the full value including road taxes.
Passenger assist cover-Policyholder will be eligible for a host of benefits and allowances including hospital cash, medical expenses, and transport services. Claims can also be made for reimbursement of expenses incurred towards employing a driver and ambulance charges.
Roadside assistance cover-In case of an unfortunate event such as an accident or a breakdown, assistance will be provided at anytime and anywhere. The services offered include tyre repair and replacement, emergency assistance, battery restart, lock and key repair or replacement, etc.
Inclusion & Exclusion on Liberty Car Insurance
|Loss or damage caused due to:
- Fire, explosion & self-ignition
- Natural calamities such as floods, storms, landslides, earthquakes, rockslides, hurricanes, lightning
|When the policyholder uses the vehicle contrary to mandated instructions
|Loss due to theft, robbery, and other manmade calamities such as strike, riots, terrorist activities, accidental external damage
||Accident due to intoxication
|Damage caused due to travel by road, air, elevator, inland waterway
||Damage due to own negligence
|Third-party liability in cases of injury, death or damage
||Mechanical or electrical breakdown
|Personal accident cover
||Loss due to nuclear risks
|Loss due to electrical or non-electrical accessories
||War related risks
|Legal liability to passengers who do not pay fares
|Cover for bonnet, paintwork, tyres, tubes, lamps
||Loss of accessories by theft
||If used/driven outside geographical area
Insured Declared Value - Liberty Car Insurance
- The Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the insured vehicle is the amount that is declared at the time the policy is issued
- IDV is fixed based on the manufacturer’s listed price and the brand of the vehicle.
- For a car that is 5 years or older, the IDV is usually calculated based on an agreement between the insured party and the insurance provider.
- IDV is always taken at market value during the entire term of the policy. Below is a sample table on how IDV is calculated:
|Age of vehicle
||% of depreciation
|Not exceeding 6 months
|Exceeding 6 months but not exceeding 1 year
|Exceeding 1 year but not exceeding 2 years
|Exceeding 2 years but not exceeding 3 years
|Exceeding 3 years but not exceeding 4 years
|Exceeding 4 years but not exceeding 5 years
Liberty Car Insurance Cashless Garages
Liberty General Insurance has a well-equipped and highly organised network of more than 1,900 cashless network garages across the country. Customers can claim for cashless services through this network by looking up for the nearest garage in their locality.
Claim Process Liberty Car Insurance
It is very easy for a policyholder to initiate claim and claim reimbursement for expenses that have been incurred. The process to be followed may vary slightly depending on the nature of the incident. The policyholder can either make a claim through their website, call the toll-free number or through SMS. There are some documents that need to be kept in place before making a claim. Below is the list of documents required:
- Driving license
- RC book
- Policy documents
- Policy number
- FIR, if required
Cashless Claim Process Liberty Car Insurance
Let's explore the cashless claim process:
- Contact the insurance provider
- Obtain an FIR if necessary
- Take the car to the nearest network garage. If the car is not in a condition to be driven, ask the insurance provider for towing service from the accident spot to the network garage
- Once the car is repaired, the payment for the service is made by the insurance provider to the concerned network garage
Reimbursement Claim Process Liberty Car Insurance
Let’s explore the reimbursement claim process:
- Contact the insurance provider
- Keep all relevant documents ready
- Submit all bills, invoices and medical expenses data
- The claim will be settled within 7 working days