Why is it Important to Insure Your Mercedes Benz Car?
A car insurance protects you from any unforeseen liabilities that arise as a result of a mishap. The liabilities incurred could be third-party liabilities or own damage liabilities. Also, as per the Motor Vehicles Act, it is mandatory for all the vehicles plying on the roads in India to be insured with at least a third-party liability car insurance policy. As Mercedes Benz is a high-end vehicle and vehicle repair or replacement costs of the car parts are higher than the other vehicles, it is safe to avail a comprehensive car insurance that will cover most of the liabilities that you incur at the time of a mishap.
Mercedes Benz Car Insurance Providers
A number of insurers provide insurance for Mercedes Benz cars in India, a few of them are listed below:
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Reliance General Insurance Co.Ltd.
- ICICI Lombard GIC Ltd.
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Co. Ltd.
Mercedes Benz Models
The below are the various models of Mercedes Benz in India:
- C-Class Sedan
- E-Class Sedan
- S-Class Sedan
- Mercedes-Maybach S-Class Sedan
- C-Class Cabriolets/Roadsters
- E-Class Cabriolet
- Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 4MATIC
- Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC
- Mercedes-AMG C 63 S
- Mercedes-AMG SLC 43
- Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster
- Mercedes-AMG GT R
- Mercedes-AMG GLA 45 4MATIC
- Mercedes- AMG GLE 43 coupe
- Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupe
Types of Mercedes Benz Car Insurance
There are two kinds of car insurance available for Mercedes Benz cars:
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
A comprehensive car insurance protects you from any unforeseen third-party liabilities and/or own damage liabilities that you may incur as a result of a mishap.
- Third-party Liability Cover
A third-party liability cover protects you from third-party liabilities alone that you incur from mishaps.
Buying/renewing Mercedes Benz Car Insurance
You can purchase or renew your car insurance online or offline depending on your convenience.
You can buy a car insurance or renew the existing one by visiting the insurer's official website or any of the third-party insurance websites.
You can buy a car insurance or renew the existing one by visiting the nearest branch of the insurer or meeting with an insurance agent.
Mercedes Benz Car Insurance Claim Process
The claim process for Mercedes Benz car insurance involves the following steps:
- Inform the insurer as soon as the mishap takes place
- Register your claim request
- File an FIR at the nearest police station
- The insurer will send a surveyor who will inspect your car and assess the loss/damage
- Submit the necessary documents to the insurer/surveyor for verification
- Take your car to the nearest garage and get it fixed
- In case of a cashless claim, the insurer will settle the repair bills directly with the garage
- In case of a reimbursement claim, you will have to settle the repair bills directly with the garage and submit the payment receipt to the insurer to claim reimbursement for the amount spent by you on the repairs
Inclusions and Exclusions of Mercedes Benz Car Insurance
Mercedes Benz Car Insurance comes with a number of inclusions and exclusions, a few of them are listed below:
- Own damage liabilities
- Damage/loss as a result of natural calamities
- Damage/loss as a result of man-made calamities
- Third-party liabilities
- Damage/loss due to wars, mutiny or nuclear peril
- Damage/loss in case the driver is without a valid licence or is underage
- Damage/loss due to depreciation
- Damage/loss arising when your car insurance policy has expired
Add-ons Offered with Mercedes Benz Car Insurance
There are a number of add-ons available in the market for Mercedes Benz Car Insurance, a few of them are listed below:
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
- Engine Protect cover
Discounts Offered with Mercedes Benz Car Insurance
You can avail discounts on your car insurance premium such as:
- Discount if you have availed a higher voluntary deductible
- Discount if you have a good driving record
- No Claim Bonus Discount
- Professional Discount
Mercedes Benz Car Insurance FAQs:
What is a compulsory excess?
A compulsory excess is a part of the insured amount that is mandatory for you to pay at the time of claim settlement as agreed with the insurer.
What is salvage in car insurance?
The total value of the wreckage at the time of mishap where the damaged vehicle is considered as salvage.
What is the tenure of a car insurance?
A car insurance is generally valid for a year.
Does the vehicle’s IDV have an impact on the car insurance premium?
Yes, the IDV of the vehicle has an impact on the car insurance premium.
What is depreciation in Car Insurance?
Depreciation is the loss in the market value of the vehicle with each consecutive year.