New India Assurance was founded in India in July 1919 and was nationalised in 1973. The firm has its headquarters in Mumbai and provides quality insurance solutions in 28 countries across the globe.
Its Pan India operations are provided through its 2,452 offices that include over 1,300 micro offices. As on 30th June 2017, the firm has a large workforce that comprises of more than 17,000 employees and 68,000 agents serving the customers with over 230 insurance products.
New India Assurance Car Insurance Claim Process
New India Assurance car insurance claim process includes the following steps:
- In case of an accident:
- Get in touch with the nearest office of New India Assurance and collect the Claim Form.
- Submit the Claim Form duly filled and signed by you, a copy of the driving license of the person driving the vehicle at the time and your vehicle’s Registration Certificate along with the repairs estimate.
- A surveyor will be sent to inspect your vehicle and assess the total loss/damage. If the damage/loss is a major one, the insurer will arrange for a spot survey.
- Post vehicle repair, the invoice and/or bills for the repairs that have been duly signed by you need to be submitted to the insurer.
- After claim approval, you may be required to deposit the salvage of the damaged car parts with the insurer.
- In case of theft:
- File an FIR at the nearest police station and obtain a copy of the same.
- Inform the insurer as soon as the mishap happens and submit a copy of the FIR report to the insurer.
- Collect the Final Police Report from the police as soon as it is ready and submit it to the insurer.
- After the insurer approves your claim, have the vehicle’s Registration Certificate transferred in the insurer’s name and hand over the car keys to the insurer along with the letter of Subrogation and the letter of Indemnity duly notarized on a stamp paper.
- In case of third-party liability:
- Inform the insurer as soon as the mishap takes place.
- When you receive the summons from the Court, a copy of the same should be sent to your insurer.
- You should also submit a copy of the FIR filed by you, a Claim Form duly filled and signed by you along with copies of your vehicle’s Registration Certificate and the Diving License of the person driving the vehicle at the time.
Exclusions of New India Assurance Car Insurance
New India Assurance car insurance claim process will not be applicable under the following circumstances:
- Regular wear and tear of the vehicle
- Electrical or mechanical failure of the vehicle
- If the driver was underage or didn’t have a valid driving license
- If the driver was under the influence of alcohol/drugs
- Loss/damage due to wars or mutiny or nuclear risk
- In case a private vehicle is used for commercial purpose and vice-versa
New India Assurance Car Insurance FAQs:
What documents should I submit to claim the No Claim Bonuses discount?
You have to submit a copy of the renewal notice from your previous insurer to claim the No Claim Bonuses discount.
What needs to be done if the mishap takes place outside of the policyholder's geographical location?
You have to inform the insurer as soon as the mishap takes place and act according to the advice of the insurer.
What is a cashless claim in car insurance?
A cashless claim is a claim settlement facility provided by the car insurers where the insured, post any mishap, can get his/her damaged car fixed at an authorised garage and the insurer post the vehicle repairs will settle the bills for the same directly with the garage.
What is a No Claim Bonus (NCB)?
A No Claim Bonus is a discount on the insurance premium awarded by the insurer to the policyholder for every claim-free year.
Will I be eligible for No Claim Bonuses post expiry of my car insurance policy?
You will still remain eligible for the NCBs on your insurance policy provided you renew your insurance policy within 90 days of your policy expiry.