Reliance General Insurance Co. Ltd. offers insurance products for Individuals, corporates and SMEs. They have more than 130 offices and over 12,000 intermediaries across the country offering top-notch insurance services.
Reliance Car Insurance Renewal Premium Calculator
The firm’s website has a built-in, automated tool to calculate the insurance premium for anyone who wishes to buy or renew their insurance policy with Reliance. If you wish to renew your insurance policy from Reliance, you can easily get your insurance premium quote from the premium calculator after you have provided correct information for the following parameters:
Renewing Existing Reliance Motor Insurance policy (Private and commercial vehicles):
- Policy no.
- Registration no./engine no.
Renewing Your existing insurance policy from another insurer (Private vehicles):
- Car registration No.
- Mobile No.
- Email Id
Reliance Car Insurance Renewal Procedure
You have the option of purchasing your car insurance from Reliance either offline or online depending on your convenience.
Online purchase involves the following steps:
- Generate the insurance proposal number from the website
- Download Reliance's Go Mobile App
- Enter the generated proposal number in the app
- Verify your auto-fetched details in the app
- Upload your vehicle images and purchase the policy via any of the available mode of payment
You can meet with any of the Reliance General Insurance agents or visit one of the Reliance offices to compare and purchase a motor insurance that best suits your insurance needs.
Reliance Car Insurance Renewal Key Features and Benefits
Reliance car insurance comes with a number of key features and benefits for both private and commercial vehicles:
For Private Vehicle:
- Offers roadside assistance
- Discount upto 55% provided on car insurance
- You have the option to retain the earned No-Claim Bonuses
- Cashless facilities available across more than 3,800 garages
For Commercial Vehicle:
- Instant policy renewal online
- Extensive coverage provided for a number of scenarios
- Quick and hassle-free claim settlement
Reliance Car Insurance Claim Process
The claim process for a private vehicle involves the following steps:
- Contact the Reliance General Insurance customer care via their toll-free number or get in touch with the nearest branch office and raise a claim request
- Take your vehicle to the nearest cashless garage for repair and submit the required documents to the surveyor when he/she comes to assess the incident
- The firm will confirm and settle the repair bills directly with the garage
- In case you opt for a reimbursement claim, you have to pay for the repair charges and submit the bills/receipts to the surveyor/insurer for your claim settlement
- Your vehicle gets delivered post all the repair work and claim settlement
The claim process for a commercial vehicle involves the following steps:
- Inform Reliance General Insurance via their customer care toll-free number or reach out to the nearest branch office as soon as the accident takes place.
- Arrange for a spot survey.
- Post the surveyor completes the survey, the vehicle should be moved to the nearest garage for repair.
- The insured should inform the insurance firm and provide them with details of the garage so that the insurer can appoint a surveyor to assess the total loss incurred.
- In case of any third-party liabilities, you are required to lodge a FIR report at the nearest police station.
- The insurer/surveyor will let you know in case you are required to submit any additional documents.
Reliance Car Insurance FAQs:
Why do I need to insure my vehicle?
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 it is mandatory for every car owner to have at least a third-party liability cover.Also, the insurance protects you from any financial losses caused due man-made/natural calamities, theft of your car, etc. Additionally, the car insurance can extend to cover your co-passengers, property of a third-party, etc.
What are the different motor insurance policies available?
There are two types of car insurance policies available:
- Third-Party Liability Cover
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
What are the documents/details necessary to purchase a car insurance?
You need to provide relevant details or supporting documents such as car registration number, engine number, chassis number, previous car policy number, car manufacturing date, date and city of your car purchase, your contact details and copy of your RC book in order to purchase a car insurance policy.
How do I get a copy of my car insurance policy online and will the printout of the same serve as the original document?
Log onto the insurer website with your official profile credentials. You will find the soft copy of your four wheeler policy document which will be available for download. You can take the printout of this document. This printout definitely serves as the original document.
What is loading?
When your car insurance policy is renewed, an additional cost is added to the same, this is known as Loading. This additional cost is added only if the risk to the insured is concluded as ‘higher than normal’.