Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Ltd. is one of the top general insurance firms in India that commenced its operations in October 2000. The firm has a large distribution channel that constitutes of affinity partners, agents, OEM dealers, brokers and over 2,000 employees rendering the best insurance solutions in 130 cities across India.
Royal Sundaram car insurance claim process is hassle-free and consumes very less time.
- Inform the insurer as soon as the mishap takes place. Contact the Royal Sundaram customer care on 1860-425-0000 or mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org, and raise a claim request.
- The customer care executive will guide you through the claims procedure and will offer you further assistance if and when required during the claim process.
- You will have to submit a detailed repair estimate as provided by the vehicle mechanic. The insurer will send an authorised surveyor to inspect your vehicle and get the loss/damage estimate.
- Submit the originals and copies of vehicle’s Registration Certificate (RC), duly filled and signed claim form and your driving licence to the insurer/surveyor for verification purpose.
- File an FIR at the nearest police station and obtain a copy of the same.
- Provide additional documents as requested by the insurer/surveyor.
- In case of a cashless claim request, drive or get your car towed to the nearest cashless garage to get it repaired. Once the repairs are done, as per your surveyor’s instruction, produce your vehicle for a re-Inspection. The insurer will settle the bill for your vehicle repairs directly with the garage and your vehicle will be delivered to you.
- In case of reimbursement claims, drive or get your car towed to the nearest garage to get it repaired. Post all the repair work, you have to pay the garage for the vehicle repairs. Collect the invoice and payment receipt from the garage and submit the same to the insurer. The insurer will verify the submitted bills and reimburse the amount you spent on the repairs.
Information and supporting documents to be submitted during the claim process
- Your contact information
- Your vehicle’s number
- Your insurance policy number
- Model and make of your vehicle
- Name of driver at the time of the accident
- Name of the policyholder
- Area where the incident took place
- Date, time and location of the accident
- A brief description on the cause of the accident
Exclusions of Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance claim process will not be applicable under the following circumstances:
- In case the driver was driving the car under the influence of intoxicants
- In case the driver didn’t have a valid driving licence or is underage
- If the driver violated any of the traffic rules while driving
- If the accident took place outside of the specified geographical location
- Regular wear and tear of the vehicle due to aging
- Mechanical or electrical vehicle failure
- Damage or loss to the vehicle due to wars/mutiny/nuclear wars
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance FAQs:
What is a third-party liability car insurance?A third-party car insurance protects you from liabilities arising from damage or loss to a third-party or third-party vehicle due to a road mishap.
What is a comprehensive car insurance?A comprehensive car insurance will cover your third-party liabilities as well as Own Damage liabilities arising as a result of a mishap.
What does depreciation mean in car insurance?Depreciation is the decrease in your car’s market value as a result of the vehicle’s regular wear and tear due to aging.
Can I keep using the insurance policy that is in the previous owner’s name even after the RTO records have my name as the vehicle’s owner?The car insurance, as well as the insured vehicle, should both be in your name otherwise you claim, when raised, will be denied. Therefore it is advised not to use the policy insurance that is in the previous owner’s name.
What are salvage and total loss in car insurance?After a mishap, a damaged vehicle and the total value of its damage is called a salvage whereas when a vehicle which is damaged beyond the point of repair, it is considered a total loss.