Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Ltd. was the first private general insurance provider to be licensed by the Regulatory and Insurance Development Authority of India (IRDAI) in 2000. It is a subsidiary of Sundaram Finance, and has a large workforce comprising of more than 2,000 skilled employees. It offers insurance solutions in 130 cities across the country via insurance agents, car dealers, affinity partners, brokers, etc.
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Renewal Premium Calculator
You can renew your insurance policy via Royal Sundaram website or any third-party insurance website. Insurance websites usually have an in-built tool called the premium calculator for calculating your insurance premium estimate. The calculator uses the information you have provided against the calculating parameters to quote your insurance premium. You can use the calculator for the following:
- Renewal of existing car insurance policy from another insurer
- Renewal of lapsed car insurance policy
- Renewal of Royal Sundaram car insurance policy
The calculating parameters for each of the above cases will vary.
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Renewal Procedure
You can renew your car insurance with Royal Sundaram either offline or online:
- Renewal of Royal Sundaram car insurance policy online:
- Input your insurance policy number and its date of expiry
- Confirm your insurance policy details
- Get a quote on your insurance premium and confirm the same
- Make online payment
Renewal of existing policy from another Insurer: Provide information on your previous policy and your car’s registration.
Renew your lapsed car insurance policy:
- Get a quote of your insurance premium via the premium calculator. An authorised surveyor will be sent to inspect your vehicle.
- You will be notified once the vehicle survey report is ready.
- Once approved by the insurer, you can renew your insurance policy online within 24 hours of the vehicle survey.
You can also visit the nearest branch office of Royal Sundaram or meet with an authorised insurer to get your insurance policy renewed.
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Renewal Key Benefits and Features
Royal Sundaram Motor Insurance offers the following benefits and features:
- 24X7 Roadside assistance
- Cashless claims facility through network garages
- Return to invoice add-on cover
- Instant quote on insurance premium
- Quick and easy policy issuance within 24 hours that includes a complimentary vehicle survey at your doorstep
- 24X7 dedicated customer care service
- Minimal documentation
- Exclusive discounts for specific car models on own damage premium
- Transfer of No Claim Bonus (NCB) from previous policy
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Claim Process
- Get in touch with the insurer on their customer care number: 1860 425 0000 as soon as the mishap takes place or email them at email@example.com, and raise either a cashless or a reimbursement claim request.
- File an FIR at the nearest police station.
- A surveyor will be arranged by the insurer to assess the loss/damage due to the mishap.
- Submit the original vehicle RC book and your driving licence along with a duly filled claim form to the surveyor/insurer.
- In case of cashless claim, take your vehicle to the nearest cashless garage for repairs. The surveyor will re-inspect the vehicle after the repairs are done. You have to submit the original bill for repairs along with the satisfaction voucher to process your claim settlement.
- For reimbursement claims, take your vehicle to the nearest garage for repairs. You have to submit the original cash bill and payment receipt to the insurer after you have paid for the repairs at the garage. The insurer after processing the documents will reimburse the amount you have spent on the car repairs.
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance FAQs
What is meant by a private car?
The cars that are used for personal purposes as well as for commercial purposes by the insurer or the employees.
What is a break-in-insurance?
When an insurance policy is not renewed on time, it lapses. This is called a Break-in-insurance.
If I add an LPG/CNG kit in my car, will my insurance cover it?
Yes, the LPG/CNG kit that you install in your vehicle will be covered under your insurance provided you inform your insurer and RTO when you install the kit.
Can I cancel my insurance policy during the policy tenure?
Yes, you can cancel your insurance policy by giving a 7 days notice to the insurer provided you have availed another car insurance. If you haven’t raised any claims, your insurance premium amount will be given back to you.
What is ARAI?
ARAI is an acronym for Automotive Research Association of India.