Protect yourself with third party or comprehensive cover
Use bumper to bumper policies to reduce your liability
Enjoy facilities like zero depreciation and roadside assistance covers
Royal Sundaram General Insurance was established in 2000 and has ever since been catering to the insurance needs of people. Apart from car insurance they also offer services in general, health, travel and accident insurance.
Car Insurance Online from Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
||Up to Rs.7.5 lakhs
|Cashless Network Garages
|Incurred Claim Ratio 2017-18
|Net Earned Premium 2017-18
- No claim bonus
- Depreciation cover
- Invoice cover
- Voluntary deductible
- Personal belongings
- Alternative car
- Engine protect
- Key protector
- Quick claim settlement
- Instantaneous purchase
- Third-party liability
- Personal accident cover
- Loss due to natural calamities
- Loss due to man-made calamities
- Loss due to wear & tear
- Damage due to general aging of the car
- Nuclear risks, war
Features and Benefits
Easy online purchase- Buying a policy is a simple, quick and easy process. You can instantly buy the policy online on their website
A number of discounts- Royal Sundaram offers customers a number of exciting discounts. Those who are part of automobile associations are eligible for a 5% discount. Other discounts are offered include no claim bonus, discount on third-party premium and own damage premium discount of 35%.
Quick claim settlement- Claims are settled in a quick and hassle-free manner through various means. Claims can be made online through their website by filling out a claim form or contacting a customer care executive on the toll-free number. The customer support executive will take you through the step-by-step process involved in making a claim, be it reimbursement or cashless claims through network garages.
Insurance advisory team- A dedicated team of expert insurance advisors are always available to solve queries, inform prospective buyers about various insurance terms, conditions and benefits, address claim settlement issues or any other problems.
Good cashless network- Customers can avail cashless network garage services directly, without any inconvenience, across the country. The wide network provides customers quick access to servicing facilities at the time of an emergency.
Wide range of add-ons- Customers can choose to customize their insurance policy with the extensive variety of add-on options that can be availed by paying an extra premium amount. Some of the options include depreciation cover, windshield cover, spare car, loss of baggage, no claim bonus and voluntary deductible cover.
Paperless transactions- With flexible online payment options, customers do not have to go through the stress of documentation and endless paperwork. All transactions can be done in an easy and paperless manner.
Easy Steps To Apply for Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
- Log on to the Royal Sundaram General Insurance page and go to the motor insurance section.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ option. This will redirect you to the car insurance application page. Here, all you have to do is provide some basic details such as name, mobile number, email-id and type of policy you may want to choose.
- Once this is done, click on the ‘Submit’ button and a customer care executive will call you back with relevant details.
- The insurance support executive will take you through the stepwise process of how to apply for an insurance.
- Once you are happy with the insurance quote, you can choose to easily make an online payment, upon which the policy documents will soon be shared with you.
- You can also choose to chat with the customer support executive on their website to resolve any queries related to the purchase of your policy.
Why Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
|Hassle-free claim settlement
|Number of discounts
|24/7 customer support
|Dedicated team of advisors
Add-on covers on Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
Let's explore the various add-ons offered under Royal Sundaram Car Insurance:
Depreciation cover- This add-on offers customers the protection against loss due to the depreciation of car parts over a period of time. Therefore, this add-on gives policyholders the benefit of receiving the full claim amount without any deductions. Plastic and metals parts of the car are covered under this feature.
No claim bonus- Policyholders can avail discounts on no claim bonus at the time of renewal. Discounts of up to 50% can be availed under this. This benefit can be made even after making as many as two claims during the policy period.
Windshield cover- Any damages that occur to the windshield of the car will be covered under this add-on. This can be availed without the no claim bonus getting affected. The premium amount for this feature is Rs.50. Also, this add-on can be availed only if the car in question is 3 years or less than 3 years old. The model of the car cannot be out of the market.
Voluntary deductible- This gives the policyholder the benefit of paying a lesser premium by entering into an agreement to pay a certain amount during the claim process. The amount that can be paid under this add-on ranges from Rs.1,500 to Rs.15,000.
Invoice cover- This allows policyholders to get the benefit of getting coverage for the entire amount of damage caused. Basically, this means that at the time of reimbursement the full listed price of the car will be covered. However, please note that this is available only for vehicles that are 3 or less than 3 years of age.
Baggage cover- Coverage is provided in the event of loss of any personal belonging that has been locked up in the car during the time of an emergency or unfortunate event. The items not included are electronic items such as cell phones, cameras, watches, computing devices, jewellery, tools and equipment, and consumables baggage.
Additional car- In case the vehicle in question is undergoing repairs at a cashless garage or is in a state that it cannot be used due to irreversible damage, spare car services can be availed by the policyholder. A certain specified sum will be provided on a day to day basis to cover the cost of this expenditure.
Engine protect- Coverage will be provided to engine and engine related parts such as the gear box, transmission box, power steering etc. This is applicable if the damage is caused due to any kind of water seepage to the internal engine related parts or due to the leaking of lubricating oil.
Key protect- If the keys of the car are lost, damaged due to an accident or fire, the cost of repair and replacement will be covered under this add-on option. This also provides coverage for expenses incurred for repairing or replacing lock and lock sets. This claim can be made 2 times during the tenure of the policy. An FIR needs to be submitted to the insurer to avail this benefit in case of a robbery and duplicate keys must be submitted.
Inclusion & Exclusion under Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
Loss or damage caused due to:
- Fire, explosion & self-ignition
- Natural calamities such as floods, storms, landslides, earthquakes, rockslides, hurricanes, lightning
|When the policyholder uses the vehicle contrary to mandated instructions
|Loss due to theft, robbery, and other manmade calamities such as strike, riots, terrorist activities, accidental external damage
||Accident due to intoxication
|Damage caused due to travel by road, air, elevator, inland waterway
||Damage due to own negligence
|Third-party liability in cases of injury, death or damage
||Mechanical or electrical breakdown
|Personal accident cover
||Loss due to nuclear risks
||War related risks
||Loss of accessories by theft
||If used/driven outside geographical area
Insured Declared Value - Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
- The Insured Declared Value (IDV) is basically the sum that is assured by the insurance provider to the policyholder when a claim is made. This amount is determined by various factors.
- The IDV of the vehicle in question is determined based on the manufacturer's listed price and the brand of the car.
- The IDV is determined based on an agreement between the insurer and the insured party if the vehicle is older than 5 years. Given below is a sample of how IDV is calculated:
|Age of vehicle
||% of depreciation
|Not exceeding 6 months
|Exceeding 6 months but not exceeding 1 year
|Exceeding 1 year but not exceeding 2 years
|Exceeding 2 years but not exceeding 3 years
|Exceeding 3 years but not exceeding 4 years
|Exceeding 4 years but not exceeding 5 years
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Cashless Garages
Wth over 3,800 cashless network garages across the country, Royal Sundaram offers the finest quality of services at designated workshops. Here, customers can directly approach the concerned network garage without any hassle or inconvenience. Claims are settled in a speedy and efficient manner through an effective team of cashless insurance advisors and managers. In order to locate the nearest cashless network garage in your city, all you have to do is log on to their website, go to the car insurance section and click on the ‘Cashless Garages List’ option. This will redirect you a page where all you have to do is fill out your state, city, and name of your car manufacturer. You will soon be given the nearest network garage that is available in your city and you can choose as per the locality you live in.
Claim Process for Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
Making a claim is an easy and hassle-free process with online facilities. However, it is important to understand the basic process of how to make a claim and know what documents are required in order to make a successful claim. The first step is to notify the insurance provider and seek relevant information from the customer care executive in case there are any queries. A 24/7 claims team is always at the disposal of the policyholder to resolve any claim related issues. There are two types of claims that can be, the first one being cashless claims and the other type being reimbursements. Cashless claim services can be availed directly from the empanelled network garage. Reimbursements can be claimed after the expense has occurred and the policyholder needs to provide adequate bills and invoices to make this type of claim. Also, in certain cases, especially like theft or third-party bodily injury, it is mandatory to file an FIR as soon as possible at the nearest police station. To file a claim call their toll-free number or write to their official email-id, a service executive will contact the policyholder as soon as possible.
Cashless Claim Process for Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
Let’s explore the cashless claim process:
- Intimate the insurance provider by calling the toll-free number or writing to them online. This is not a mandatory step and one can also directly take the car to the concerned network service provider
- Repair works will not be initiated unless the damaged car is surveyed by the designated survey team
- A survey will be carried out after the claim is intimated
- Fill in the claim form and submit all relevant documents
- You can avail towing services to get the car towed to the nearest network garage.
- Once the car is repaired, the payment will be made directly by the insurance provider to the concerned network garage.
Reimbursement Claim Process for Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
Let’s explore the reimbursement claim process:
- Keep all bills and invoices ready
- Intimate the insurance provider
- Fill in the duly signed claim form and submit all relevant documents
- The reimbursement will usually take place within 7 working days
Royal Sundaram Car Shield Insurance policy
Royal Sundaram Car Shield Insurance policy is a comprehensive car insurance plan that comes with the own damage cover, third-party liability and the personal accident cover. Following an accident, Royal Sundaram Car Shield Insurance policy offers coverage for repair of damages caused to the vehicle of the policyholder and the third-party vehicle involved in the accident. If the policyholder suffers from bodily injury or disability following the accident, the personal accident cover offers coverage for medical expenses. The Car Shield insurance plan also offers compensation for the dependents of either the policyholder or the third-party, if the accident leads to death of either or both the parties involved. In addition, this car insurance policy offers damage coverage to the insured car following a natural calamity such as a flood, cyclone, landslide, etc., if the car catches fire, and compensation if the car has been stolen.
Features and benefits of the Royal Sundaram Car Shield Insurance policy
Listed below are the key highlights of the Royal Sundaram Car Shield Insurance policy:
- The Royal Sundaram Car Shield Insurance policy is a comprehensive car insurance policy which offers cover for third-party liability and damage caused to the vehicle of the policyholder as well.
- The Royal Sundaram Car Shield Insurance policy comes with a personal accident cover of up to Rs.2 lakh for the policyholder and other occupants in the car.
- For members of the Automobile Association of India, they have the privilege of getting a 5% discount, subject to a maximum of Rs.200 on the own damage premium. For the third-party insurance premium, members of the Automobile Association of India are granted a premium discount of Rs.100.
- For policyholders that choose the voluntary deductible option, if they choose Rs.15,000 as their voluntary deductible, they will be given the benefit of receiving a 35% premium discount on the own damage cover, subject to a maximum of Rs.2,500.
Coverage of the Royal Sundaram Car Shield Insurance policy
Listed below are the inclusions of the Royal Sundaram Car Shield Insurance policy:
- If the car has caught fire or exploded.
- If any external damage is caused to the car of the policyholder and that of the third-party following an accident.
- If the car is damaged following a riot, strike, terrorist activity and any sort of malicious activity.
- If the car of the policyholder is damaged following a natural calamity such as a flood, landslide, earthquake, typhoon, cyclone, etc.
Mentioned below are the exclusions of the Royal Sundaram Car Shield Insurance policy:
- Damage that is caused to the car of the policyholder due to the normal wear and tear of the vehicle.
- If the damage is electrical or mechanical.
- If the damage caused to the car is deemed as consequential loss – fault of the policyholder.
- If the policyholder was under the influence of drugs or alcohol when the accident took place.
- If the policyholder was driving without a valid driving license when the accident took place.
Royal Sundaram also offers a commercial vehicle car insurance policy that comes with the own damage cover, personal accident cover for the insured person and the third-party liability cover. The commercial car insurance policy also offers coverage if the vehicle is damaged following a natural calamity, if it catches fire or explodes and if the vehicle is stolen.
Details and documents required for Royal Sundaram Car Shield Insurance policy claim
Listed below are the details that will have to be submitted to the insurer by the policyholder when making a claim and the documents that have to be submitted:
- Policy document card with the policy number.
- The name of the insured person involved in the accident and contact details.
- The registration certificate of the vehicle that contains the registration number and chassis number of the insured vehicle.
- Date and time of the accident, the nature of the accident and reasons behind why it took place.
- Name and contact details of the third-party involved in the accident.
- Is it necessary to opt for a comprehensive car insurance policy when only the third-party insurance is mandatory?
While it is correct that only the third-party insurance policy is mandatory as per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, the comprehensive car insurance policy has better coverage than a third-party car insurance policy. The third-party car insurance policy offers coverage for damages only for the third-party involved in the accident, and the third-party car insurance policyholder will have to pay for the damages caused to his/her own car following an accident. On the other hand, the comprehensive car insurance policy, comes with the own damage cover and insures both parties involved in the accident, and in addition offers damage coverage following a natural disaster. If the car catches fire or explodes or if the car is stolen, the depreciation factor of the vehicle is taken into account and subject to the current market value of the car, the policyholder is compensated for the insured vehicle.
- I wish to add an LPG/CNG kit to my car. Will the car still be covered?
Yes, if the addition of the LPG/CNG kit is mentioned on the registration certificate of the vehicle and if you have a valid comprehensive car insurance policy, you will be covered.
- Where can I avail the cashless claim settlement facility for coverage of damages for my car?
You will have to visit the nearest network garage of Royal Sundaram to avail the cashless claim settlement for repair of damages following an accident. Royal Sundaram has more than 3,300 network garages where policyholders can avail this benefit. If the car is repaired at a non-network garage, then you will have to opt for a reimbursement claim settlement.
- What are the best ways to get a discount for the premium of car insurance policies offered by Royal Sundaram?
If you’ve not made a claim for the whole policy year, then through the No Claim Bonus, you can get discounts on the premium on renewal of the policy. In addition, if you’re part of the Automobile Association of India and if you’ve opted for the voluntary deductible option, you’re eligible for a premium discount.
- What are the main factors that decide the premium of a Royal Sundaram car insurance policy?
Royal Sundaram takes into consideration the age of the vehicle, make and model of the car, the engine capacity, the location where the car will be driven, the driving history of the car insurance applicant, the applicant’s profession, and several other risk-related factors when setting the premium of the comprehensive car insurance policy. For the third-party insurance policy, the premium rates depend on the vehicle class and the engine capacity and the premium is set by the Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDAI).