Shriram General Insurance Co. Ltd. is one of the leading general insurance providers in India. It started as a joint venture between Sanlam Limited (South Africa) and Shriram Capital Ltd. They offer various insurance solutions to both corporate and individual clients across India.
Shriram Car Insurance Renewal Premium Calculator
Shriram General Insurance website and third-party insurance websites have a built-in tool called the premium calculator that quotes an estimate of your insurance premium based on the information you provide against the calculating parameters. You can use the calculator while renewing your Shriram car insurance policy or car insurance policy availed from another insurer. The calculating parameters for either cases are as below:
- Renewing your car insurance policy availed from another insurer:
- Insurance Policy Number
- Vehicle Engine Number/Vehicle Registration Number/Vehicle Chassis Number
- Renew your Shriram Car Insurance
- Personal Details
- Details of your Vehicle
Shriram Car Insurance Renewal Procedure
You can renew your car insurance with Shriram General Insurance either offline or online:
Insurance policy renewal has never been easier, what with the number of online platforms available for policy comparison and renewal. You can renew your insurance policy within no time, with minimal documentation.
Insurance policy renewal can also be done offline, by visiting your nearest Shriram General Insurance branch office or by meeting with an authorised insurance agent.
Shriram Car Insurance Renewal Key Benefits and features:
Shriram Motor Insurance comes with the following benefits and features:
- Protection against third-party liabilities
- Cashless claim settlement at 2,000+ authorised garages
- Special add-on options such as Unnamed Passenger Cover
- Offers No Claim Bonuses (NCBs) for every claim-free year
- Allows the transfer of accumulated NCBs from your existing policy to your new policy
- 24X7 dedicated customer care
- Best coverages at affordable premiums
- Renewal of insurance policy online as well as offline
- Quick and hassle-free claim settlement process
- Availability of a number of riders
- In case you opt for a higher voluntary excess, you will are eligible for a discount of up to 40% on your car insurance premium
Shriram Car Insurance Claim Process
The following steps are involved in Shriram car insurance claim process:
- Inform the insurer as soon as the mishap happens. You can call the Claim Help Desk on any of the below toll-free numbers, any day of the week during the specified time:
- 1800-300-30000 (4:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.)
- 1800-103-3009 (9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.)
- You could also download the claim intimation form from the website, fill in the required details and submit the form to the Help Desk at email@example.com.
- Please ensure that you have the following information ready with you at the time of claim registration:
- Insurance Policy number/Insurance Proposal number
- Date and time of mishap
- Address of the location where the surveyor can come and conduct the incident survey
- Details of loss/damage due to the mishap
- Name along with contact details of the person who was driving the vehicle during the time of mishap
- Driver’s licence details of the person who was driving the vehicle at the time of mishap
- Details of the policyholder
- File an FIR at the nearest police station and collect a copy of the same.
- A representative from the Help Desk will get in touch with you to process your claim request and guide you through the claim settlement procedure.
- The customer care team will then register your claim request and provide you with a claim reference number.
- An authorised surveyor will be sent to asses the damage/loss due to the mishap. A text message will be sent to you with the surveyor’s details.
- The surveyor will get in touch with you to confirm the address and time convenient to conduct the survey. When the surveyor comes for the inspection, submit the requested documents such as motor insurance policy document, claim form duly signed by you, the vehicle’s RC book, driver’s licence of the person who was driving the car at the time and a copy of the FIR filed by you.
- Take the vehicle to the nearest garage for repairs depending on the kind of claim you have raised, cashless/reimbursement claim.
- After your car is repaired, inform the surveyor. The surveyor will then come and re-inspect the vehicle if required.
- If you have raised a cashless claim, the insurer will settle the bills for vehicle repairs directly with the garage. If you have raised a reimbursement claim, you will have to pay for the vehicle repairs at the garage, submit the invoice and payment receipt for the same to the insurer who will reimburse the amount you spent on the repairs.
Shriram Car Insurance FAQs:
Why should I renew my car insurance policy online?
Renewing your insurance online is easier and faster than renewing it offline. Online renewal helps you save time and you can save money too due to the various discounts offered on the insurance premiums by the insurer.
What is the policy tenure for Shriram car insurance?
Your car insurance policy is valid for a tenure of 1 year.
How can I make corrections to my motor insurance policy?
You can make the corrections via policy endorsement. Endorsement is a written authorisation letter requesting the insurer to incorporate the changes mentioned in the letter into your insurance policy. You will have to submit this letter to the insurer, who after verification of the letter will process your request and make the necessary changes.
Who can I get in touch with for advice on motor insurance?
You can get in touch with the dedicated team of insurance experts on 1800-300-30000.
What if my car was driven by someone else at the time of mishap?
As the insurance policy is taken for your vehicle and you are officially the owner of the vehicle and the policyholder, you will be held liable even though the mishap that took place was someone else’s mistake.
This insurance company/organisation is not a partner of Bankbazaarinsurance.com. The content provided here is for informational purposes only. Readers should visit the branch office/website of the insurer for more details. The logos, trademarks, and other intellectual property on display belong to their respective owners.