Skoda Auto established its Indian subsidiary, Skoda Auto India Pvt. Ltd. in 2001 and has its headquarters located in Aurangabad. The firm has a wide network that extends across 58 cities with over 70 dealerships located across the country.
Why is it Important to Insure Your Skoda?
Car insurance protects you against the liabilities that you may incur due to an accident. Also, as per the Motor Vehicles Act, it is mandatory for every car owner to insure his/her car with at least a third-party car insurance.
Skoda Car Insurance Providers
A number of insurers provide insurance for Skoda cars in India, a few of them are listed below:
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- IFFCO-Tokio General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- TATA AIG Insurance Co. Ltd.
The below table exhibits various models of Skoda along with their starting *prices
||*Ex-Showroom Price Starting From
*Please note that the above prices are subject to change with respect to the city you purchase the vehicle from.
Types of Skoda Car Insurance
There are two kinds of car insurance policies available for Skoda:
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
Comprehensive car insurance is a motor insurance plan that covers third-party liabilities as well as own damage liabilities that you may incur at the time of a mishap.
- Third-party Liability Cover
A third-party liability car insurance plan covers third-party liabilities that you may incur at the time of a mishap.
Buying/Renewing Skoda Car Insurance
You can purchase or renew your car insurance online or offline depending on your convenience.
You can renew or purchase a car insurance online from third-party insurance websites or official websites of insurers. The process of online policy purchase/renewal is both hassle-free and quick.
You can visit the nearest branch office of the insurer or meet with an insurance agent to buy or renew a car insurance.
Skoda Car Insurance Claim Process
The claim process for Skoda car insurance involves the following steps:
- Intimate the insurer as soon as the mishap takes place.
- The insurer will send an authorised surveyor to inspect the vehicle and assess the loss/damage incurred.
- You will have to submit originals and copies of the necessary documents to the surveyor for verification.
- You will then have to take the vehicle to the nearest cashless garage to get the vehicle repaired. Post repairs, the insurer will settle the bills directly with the garage. This is the case for cashless claim settlement.
- In case of reimbursement claim, you will have to get the car repaired at the nearest garage and pay the garage for their services. Post payment, you will have to submit the payment invoice to the insurer to get the amount you spent on the repairs reimbursed.
Inclusions and Exclusions of Skoda Car Insurance
Skoda Car Insurance comes with a number of inclusions and exclusions, a few of them are listed below:
- Loss or damage caused by fire, natural calamities, man-made calamities, etc.
- Personal accident cover which could include passengers also
- Own damage liabilities
- Third-party liabilities
- General wear and tear of the vehicle
- Mechanical or electrical vehicle failure
- Damage to vehicle tyres alone
- If the driver of the vehicle doesn’t hold a valid driving licence when the mishap took place, the damages/loss will not be covered
- If the vehicle was being used outside of the specified geographical limits when the mishap happened, the loss/damage will not be covered
- If the commercial car was being used for private purpose and vice-versa when the mishap took place, the damage/loss will not be covered
- Damage/loss due to nuclear wars and mutiny
Add-ons Offered with Skoda Car Insurance
There are a number of add-ons offered with Skoda Car Insurance, a few of them are given below:
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Engine Protect Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
- Passenger Cover
Discounts Offered with Skoda Car Insurance
The insurers offer a number of discounts to Skoda car owners, a few of them are given below:
- No Claim Bonus Discount
- If you are a member of any of the automobile associations of India you are eligible for a discount on your insurance premium
- Professional Discount
- If you have installed ARAI approved security devices in your car you are eligible for a discount on your insurance premium
Skoda Car Insurance FAQs:
What options are available for my car insurance when I sell my car?
You can opt for any of the below options when selling your car:
- You can transfer the car insurance policy to the buyer’s name
- You can cancel the insurance policy
- In case you are buying a new car, you can transfer the insurance policy to your new car
In case I have to change the vehicle registration address or vehicle information, how do I go about it?
In order to make the necessary changes, you will have to submit a copy of the vehicle RC and a letter of endorsement to the insurer.
What is a No Claims Bonus (NCB)?
An NCB is a discount on the insurance premium awarded to the insured by the insurer for every claim-free year.
What is a voluntary deductible?
A voluntary deductible is the part of the insured amount the policyholder opts to pay at the time of the claim settlement.
What is the tenure for car insurance policy?
The car insurance policy is valid for 12 months.