Tata AIG General Insurance is a market leader in providing car insurance solutions. They also sell home, health, travel, marine and business insurance. A joint venture between American International Group and Tata Group, Tata AIG has come up with several innovative services in the last few years.
Car Insurance Online from Tata AIG Car Insurance
||Up to Rs.7.5 lakhs
|Cashless Network Garages
|Incurred Claim Ratio 2017-18
|Net Earned Premium 2017-18
- Invoice cover
- Personal belongings
- Quick claim settlement
- Instantaneous purchase
- Wide range of add-ons
- Third-party liability
- Personal accident cover
- Loss due to natural calamities
- Loss due to man-made calamities
- Loss due to wear & tear
- Damage due to general aging of the car
- Nuclear risks, war
Features and Benefits
Online purchase- Policyholders can easily purchase the policy online by just following a few simple steps. Just log on to the Tata AIG General Insurance website, fill in your personal details and choose the ‘Buy Online’ option.
Quick claim settlement- All claims are settled in a speedy manner by the expert insurance claims team within a span of 7 working days. Making a claim is an easy process and it can be made online or through their toll-free number.
Added protection-Tata AIG offers customers an extensive range of add-on covers that are unique and helpful. This gives a customer the privilege of customising their insurance policy as per personal needs and requirements.
Warranty- Policyholders will be given a special warranty period for any kind of accident-related repair work. Tata AIG offers up to a 6 month warranty period to every customer.
Comprehensive policy- The private car insurance policy provides an all-inclusive cover option that protects the policyholder from all kinds of risks, apart from the compulsory third-party liability option. Coverage is provided against accidents, theft, riots, and other natural calamities such as floods, earthquakes, cyclones etc.
Easy Steps To Apply for Tata AIG Car Insurance
- Log on to the Tata AIG General Insurance website and click on the car insurance option
- Once you reach the car insurance page, all you have to do is click on the ‘Buy Online’.
- This will redirect you to another page where you can get an insurance quote free of cost. If you are happy with the quote, you just have to follow a few simple steps and make payment.
- Once the payment is made, all will be able to download the policy document and you will also receive the document via email.
- A printed copy of the insurance policy will be sent to the policyholder within a period of 7 working days.
Why Tata AIG Car Insurance
|Quick & easy purchase
|Timely claim settlement
|Wide range of add-ons
Types of car insurance policies offered by Tata AIG Car Insurance
Tata AIG offers two types of car insurance policies, the Auto Secure Private Car Package Policy and the Auto Secure Commercial Vehicle Package Policy. Listed below are the features and benefits of both car insurance policies:
- Auto Secure Private Car Package Policy
Listed below are the key highlights of the Auto Secure Private Car Package Policy:
Auto Secure Commercial Vehicle Package Policy
- The Auto Secure Private Car Package Policy offers coverage to both the policyholder and the third-party involved in the accident. The policy covers the cost of damages caused to the vehicle of the policyholder and that of the third-party.
- The Auto Secure Private Car Package Policy also offers coverage if the car is damaged following a fire, a natural calamity such as a flood, earthquake, landslide, typhoon, cyclone, hurricane, etc. The policy also offers coverage if the car was damaged following a strike, terrorist activity, riot, or civil unrest or if the car is stolen. If the car is stolen, the policyholder has to submit an FIR from the local police station, and he/she will be compensated following the calculation of the depreciation of the vehicle or the current market value of the vehicle.
- The Auto Secure Private Car Package Policy also offers personal accident cover for the policyholder if the accident leads to bodily injury, disability, or worse, death. The personal accident cover for the Auto Secure Private Car Package Policy is set at a maximum of Rs.2 lakh.
The Auto Secure Commercial Vehicle Package Policy is specifically designed to cover any financial losses that the commercial vehicle owner will face. The policy is designed for commercial vehicles such as taxies, tractors, cranes, heavy and medium goods carrying vehicles, passenger carrying vehicles, trailers, etc. Listed below are the key highlights of the policy:
- Following an accident, the Auto Secure Commercial Vehicle Package Policy offers coverage for both the third-party involved in the accident and the policyholder. The policy focuses on covering damage expenses incurred to the vehicle involved in the accident.
- The Auto Secure Commercial Vehicle Package Policy offers coverage if the commercial vehicle is stolen or is damaged following a natural calamity, civil unrest, riot, strike, etc.
- Commercial vehicle owners have 6 add-on covers to choose from to enhance their vehicle protection.
Steps to renew Tata AIG car insurance policy online
Policyholders have to follow the steps mentioned below to renew their car insurance policy, be it for a private vehicle or a commercial vehicle:
- Visit the website of Tata AIG Insurance.
- Login using your username and password.
- Click on ‘Motor Insurance’ and click on ‘Renew Existing Policy’.
- Enter your name as given on the policy, the policy ID, the engine and chassis number of the vehicle, and the registration number of the insured vehicle.
- Choose your payment mode – debit card, credit card or via your net banking account.
- Print the car insurance renewal receipt.
Add-on covers on Tata AIG Car Insurance
The following are the add-on options provided by Tata AIG:
Depreciation cover- This cover will protect the policyholder against the loss occurred due depreciation of the car and its parts over a period of time. A maximum of two claims can be made under this option during the policy tenure.
Allowances- The policyholder is eligible for a special allowance to take care of the transportation cost on a daily basis when the car is damaged or is undergoing repairs at the concerned network garage. This can be availed for 10 days and in case of theft or total loss to the vehicle in question, the period of allowance is 15 days.
Hire car cover- The insurance company will provide the policyholder an alternative car for a specified period when the car in question is damaged or undergoing repairs. Once you inform the insurer, a car will be arranged for use within a 24 hour period.
No claim bonus- The no claim bonus benefit can be availed if no claim is made for 2 years and there is no kind of own damage. Not more than one claim should be made under own damage to make use of this offer.
Invoice cover- This cover will protect you against the loss that occurs due to the difference in amount receivable and the invoice price of the vehicle. The cost incurred towards road tax and registration will also be taken care of under this option.
Repair of parts- The policyholder is eligible to get repair works done for any of the car parts including glass, rubber parts, plastic and fiber at the concerned network garage. This will not impact the eligibility for no claim bonus as long as the number of claims made under this add-on is not more than one.
Personal belongings cover- Personal items such as electronic gadgets, money, clothes, bank documents, etc, will be provided protection under this add-on option. Business or trade samples, however, will not be included as part of this. An FIR needs to filed to avail this benefit.
Emergency services- In case of an unfortunate event, the insurance provider will cover the cost towards booking of accommodation including emergency travel arrangements. This can be claimed only if there is valid proof provided while making the claim.
Key protection cover- in case the car keys are lost due to a theft or damaged during the course of an accident, the cost of repair and replacement will be taken care of. Policyholder are also applicable to claim for any losses incurred to the lock set of the car. All labour expenses will be covered.
Engine protect- This add-on covers any damage that has been caused to the engine parts including the internal parts, gearbox, etc. this is only applicable if any loss or damage has been caused due to the leakage or seepage of water into the engine parts. The cost of replacing lubricating oil will also be taken care of.
Tyre protect cover- Any damage caused to the tyre of the car or to the tubes will be taken care of under this policy. However, this cannot be claimed if the car in question is not repaired at the concerned network garage.
Consumables cover- Any consumable item that needs to be repaired or replaced will be covered under this option. The consumable items include clips, brake oil, air conditioner, distilled water, oil filter, nut and bolt, gear box, engine oil, etc.
Roadside assistance- A number services such as repairing of the vehicle on the spot, looking into tyre problems, key replacement, emergency fuel delivery, etc will be provided under this add-on option.
Towing assistance- The policyholder is eligible to avail towing services in case of an accident or breakdown. The car will be towed to the nearest network garage within a radius of approximately 25 kms.
Concierge services- The insurance company will make arrangement to inform family members via SMS during an accident or unfortunate event. An alternate facility will also be organised to transport the victims from one place to another.
Inclusion & Exclusion under Tata AIG Car Insurance
Loss or damage caused due to:
- Fire, explosion & self-ignition
- Natural calamities such as floods, storms, landslides, earthquakes, rockslides, hurricanes, lightning
|When the policyholder uses the vehicle contrary to mandated instructions
|Loss due to theft, robbery, and other manmade calamities such as strike, riots, terrorist activities, accidental external damage
||Accident due to intoxication
|Damage caused due to travel by road, air, elevator, inland waterway
||Damage due to own negligence
|Third-party liability in cases of injury, death or damage
||Mechanical or electrical breakdown
|Personal accident cover
||Loss due to nuclear risks
||War related risks
||Loss of accessories by theft
||If used/driven outside geographical area
Insured Declared Value - Tata AIG Car Insurance
- The Insured Declared Value (IDV) of a vehicle is determined when the policy is purchased. IDV refers to the amount that the insurance company has to pay the insurance policyholder when a claim is made.
- IDV is calculated based on the manufacturer’s listing price and the brand of the car. In case, the car is more than 5 years old, the IDV is determined based on a mutual understanding between the insurance provider and the insured party.
|Age of vehicle
||% of depreciation
|Not exceeding 6 months
|Exceeding 6 months but not exceeding 1 year
|Exceeding 1 year but not exceeding 2 years
|Exceeding 2 years but not exceeding 3 years
|Exceeding 3 years but not exceeding 4 years
|Exceeding 4 years but not exceeding 5 years
Tata AIG Cashless Garages
Tata AIG has a wide network of empanelled cashless network garages where customers can avail direct services across the country. This comes as an added advantage to policyholders who do not have to go through the hassle of searching for the appropriate repair or workstation. To know where the nearest network garage is, log on to the Tata AIG General Insurance page and click on the ‘Garage Locator’ option. Details such as the state, city and vehicle make needs to be filled in to locate the nearest network garage.
Claim Process for Tata AIG Car Insurance
The Claim process for Tata AIG is easy, less time consuming and hassle-free. With a basic understanding of the steps involved and the documents required, a claim can be made online or by contacting a customer care executive on their toll-free number.
Cashless Claim Process for Tata AIG Car Insurance
Let’s explore the cashless claim process:
- Get the car towed to the nearest cashless network garage
- Notify the insurance provider, submit all documents
- The payment will be made by the insurance company directly to the concerned network garage
Reimbursement Claim Process for Tata AIG Car Insurance
Let’s explore the reimbursement claim process:
- Keep all bills and invoices ready
- Inform the insurance company
- Fill in the claim form
- Submit the form along with documents required
- The claim will be settled in 7 working days
- Will I receive the entire claim amount if my car is 3 years old?
The claim amount that will be granted by the insurer to repair damages caused to the car will be subject to the depreciation factor of your vehicle or in other words, the current market value of your car. For a car that is between 3-4 years, the Insured Declared Value of the vehicle is 40%, meaning that the vehicle has depreciated by 40% from the time it was first bought. You will not receive the whole claim amount because of this.
- Is it possible to break up the payment for my car insurance policy from Tata AIG in installments?
No, the premium of the car insurance policy has to be paid in full and cannot be broken into installments.
- Where can I avail the benefit of the cashless facility through my Tata AIG car insurance policy? Can I avail the cashless settlement at any service station?
No, you cannot avail the cashless settlement facility at any service station, but you can opt for it at any network garage of Tata AIG car insurance. At a network garage of Tata AIG, the cost to repair the damages caused to the car will be settled between the insurer and the network garage.
- What happens if my Tata AIG car insurance policy has lapsed?
If you have let your Tata AIG car insurance policy lapse, then it will have to be inspected by the insurer within 90 days from the date of expiry of the policy and then you will have to apply for a fresh car insurance policy.
- Are there any other ways I can pay for my car insurance policy?
Apart from the online payment mode to pay for the premium of the car insurance policy, you can pay the premium at any of the branches of Tata AIG, or you can request for a cheque pick-up by calling the customer care toll-free number of Tata AIG or via the IVR payment mode via the customer care number of Tata AIG Insurance.