India is home to the most number of two-wheelers in the world, with over 48,000 bikes sold here each day. The government has made insurance mandatory for these vehicles, not only to protect riders, but also others who might be involved in accidents with these two wheelers. Tata AIG is a popular name in the Indian insurance industry, with it offering insurance products to cater to the two wheeler market as well. This is designed to provide protection against theft, damage to the vehicle, third-party liability, etc.
Tata AIG offers two wheeler insurance under its motor insurance wing, utilising a vast network of over 150 branches located across the country.
Features And Benefits of Tata AIGT Two Wheeler Insurance
||1 year for Auto Secure-Two-Wheeler Package Policy
2/3 years for Auto Secure -Two-Wheeler Long-term Policy
||Renewable motor insurance policies
- Short-term (yearly) policy
- Long-term policy
- Loss of vehicle
- Damage to vehicle
- Third-party cover
- Consumables, etc.
- Damage caused outside India
- Damage due to drunk driving
- If vehicle is used for racing, speed-testing, ferrying passengers, etc.
- Damage/loss due to nuclear activities
||Annually in case of Secure – Two-wheeler Package Policy
After 2/3 years in case of Auto Secure – Two-wheeler Long-term Policy
||Auto Secure – Two-wheeler Package Policy
Auto Secure – Two-wheeler Long-term Policy
- Return to invoice
- Consumable expenses
- Emergency medical expenses
- Additional third-party property damage cover
- Additional personal accident cover to owner-driver
- Additional personal accident cover to unnamed persons
- Depreciation allowance
- Return to invoice
|No claim bonus (NCB)
||No claim bonus is accorded if no claims are made during the policy period. This ranges from 20 to 50%, based on the NCB at the start of policy.
|No claim bonus after claim
||In case a claim is made, the no claim bonus varies based on the NCB at the start of policy. It reduces by 5 to 20%, based on claim made.
|Zero Depreciation cover
||Premiums are not refunded once paid.
|If plan expires
||Policy can be renewed. Renewal could involve physical inspection of vehicle by insurer.
||Tata AIG has network garages across the country. One can utilise the search option on the website to find the closest network garage.
Reasons To Choose Tata AIG Bike insurance
A two-wheeler insurance is extremely useful given our road conditions. While there are a number of insurers offering this product, there are a few points which differentiate Tata AIG’s two-wheeler insurance.
- Discounts – An individual can save money on the policy, thanks to the No Claim Bonus offered by Tata AIG.
- Protection – The policy covers the loss/damage to the vehicle arising out of multiple scenarios.
- Online renewal – A policyholder can renew the policy online, helping him/her save time and effort.
- Third-party liability – The policy provides protection against any third-party damage.
- National presence – Tata AIG has a presence across the country, with over 150 branches and 10,000 plus licensed agents catering to any requirement which could arise.
- Hassle-free settlement – Tata AIG follows a simple and hassle-free procedure when it comes to claim settlement.
- Extended cover – One can opt for long-term cover, wherein the policy is valid for 3 years, saving one time with regards to annual renewal.
- Add-ons – One can choose from seven add-on options to enhance the protection offered by a base plan.
- Cashless garages – Tata AIG has a wide network of cashless garages located across the country. One can repair any damage to the vehicle here, with these garages catering to vehicles of different makes and engine sizes.
- 24x7 customer service – Tata AIG has a 24x7 customer care network which caters to any queries/problems one could have.
Two Wheeler Insurance Plans Available Under Tata AIG
Tata AIG currently offers two insurance plans for two-wheelers, the Auto Secure – Two-wheeler Package Policy and the Auto Secure – Two-wheeler Long-term Policy.
Auto Secure – Two-wheeler Long-term Policy - The long-term policy is designed to provide cover for a term of three years, freeing one from the task of renewing the policy every year. Not only is the protection offered for an increased period, the policy also helps one save money on premiums. An individual can opt for add-on covers based on his/her requirements. It is to be noted that this policy can be availed only if the vehicle is under 5 years old.
Auto Secure – Two-wheeler Package Policy – This is an annually renewable insurance product which offers protection against a number of eventualities. It comes with seven add-on options, and is suited for vehicles which are over 5 years old.
Coverage Offered By Tata AIG Bike
Individuals who purchase this policy are protected in the following circumstances.
- Loss of vehicle – The insurer will pay the Insured Declared Value (IDV) which is akin to the sum assured in case of loss of vehicle. The amount could change depending on a number of circumstances.
- Damages – In case the vehicle is damaged (under certain conditions), the IDV or an equivalent amount will be paid based on the extent of damage. The cover protects against the following:
- Natural calamities (earthquakes, cyclones, hailstorms, flood, etc.)
- Damages due to transit by air, waterway, elevator, etc.
- Terrorist activities
- Third-party cover – This covers damages to third-party properties, subject to the incident occurring by the vehicle insured.
- Personal accident cover – This is an additional cover which can be availed (based on satisfying certain criteria). Under this, the insurer pays an amount if an individual meets with an accident while using the insured vehicle. This is paid in case of death, loss of limb(s)/eye(s), or permanent total disability.
- Emergency medical cover - Under this the insurer pays for emergency medical expenses arising out of an accident while using the insured vehicle.
- Consumables – The policy covers the cost of certain consumables (oil filter, engine oil, lubricants, bearings, screws, etc.), in cases where the same need to be replaced on account of an accident involving the vehicle.
- Imported parts – In cases where certain parts are unavailable in the country, the insurer will pay the price to get such part from abroad.
- Legal liability – The policy will cover the cost of any legal liability, subject to certain conditions.
Note: The cover depends on the policy chosen. Certain benefits are applicable only if the individual has opted for add-on covers.
Exclusions Under Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance
An insurance policy does not provide complete cover, with certain exceptions in place to protect against misuse of the provisions.
- If damage to vehicle occurs outside the geographical jurisdiction of insurer.
- If the vehicle is stolen outside certain geographical boundaries.
- In cases where vehicle is damaged when used by an individual who is not a driver according to the clause agreed upon while purchasing the policy.
- In cases where the vehicle is used for a purpose not agreed upon (for example, if a private 2 wheeler is used to ferry passengers).
- If damage to vehicle is caused due to nuclear activities.
- If the vehicle is damaged due to an act of war, civil unrest, invasion, etc.
- In case of personal accident cover, no amount will be paid if incident is due to consumption of alcohol/drugs. Similarly, no benefit will be paid if such incident was on account of attempted suicide.
- In case there is a loss to electrical fittings caused by electrical/mechanical breakdown.
- Any cost associated with consumables (engine oil, lubricants, washers, etc.) when the vehicle is repaired at unauthorised garages.
- In case of emergency medical expense cover, no benefit will be paid if incident is on account of pre-existing medical conditions, psychosomatic disorders, physiotherapy treatments, etc. Similarly, no benefit is payable if one fails to produce original bills in support of said treatment.
- In case the vehicle is used for purposes like racing, reliability tests, speed tests, etc.
- Any wear and tear associated with normal use of the vehicle.
Eligibility To Buy The Tata AIG Bike Insurance Online
Government regulations make it mandatory to have a vehicle insurance in India. As such, these are a few aspects which Tata AIG looks at before issuing a bike insurance policy.
- Registration – The vehicle should be registered with a Regional Transport Office (RTO) in the country.
- Fitness certificate – The vehicle should have a fitness certificate (if applicable).
- Driver details – A valid driving licence might be asked before a policy can be purchased.
- Payment – An individual will be expected to pay the requisite amount based on the vehicle.
- Modifications – One should ensure that the 2 wheeler is not modified. The insurer may reject an application in such cases.
The eligibility to purchase a motor insurance policy could vary, based on whether it is a new insurance policy application or one to renew an existing policy.
Steps to buy the Tata AIG two wheeler insurance online
Tata AIG does not provide an option to purchase a new 2 wheeler policy on their website. One can only renew an existing policy on the official website of Tata AIG. However, individuals looking to buy a bike insurance online can do so through other websites who have been given permission to sell insurance policies.
Alternately, one can use the official website of Tata AIG to enquire about the policy, with company representatives contacting them to take the process ahead.
How To Make A Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance Claim?
In case of an incident which results in damage to vehicle/occupant/third-party, it is advisable to inform the insurer immediately and begin the claim process. One can do this by following a few simple steps.
- Intimate Tata AIG by calling their 24x7 helpline. Alternately, one can also send an SMS to 5616181 (SMS ‘CLAIMS’).
- The claim form should be duly filled and signed. One will need to provide information including the policy number, vehicle number, name of insured person, contact details, date/time of incident, place of incident, loss incurred (property, third-party loss, injury, etc.), details of driver, etc.
- The form should be supported by documents including a police FIR (where applicable), details of police station under which incident occurred, etc. This copy should be attested by authorised individuals.
- In case of death, an attested death certificate should be sent. In case of other medical treatment, the medical report should be attached with the claim form.
- Payment details of the individual should be provided. These include the PAN, bank account number, etc.
It should be noted that all information provided should be accurate. Submitting fake documents could result in the claim being rejected.
Renew A Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance Online In Simple Steps
In the past, one had to visit an insurer to renew a lapsed two-wheeler insurance policy. Today, this can be done online, by following a few basic steps.
- Log onto the official website of Tata AIG insurance.
- Navigate to ‘Motor Insurance’ (under ‘Personal’ tab).
- Select the two-wheeler insurance policy which needs to be insured and click on the ‘Renew Online’ tab.
- Provide details about an existing policy, including the policy number.
- Provide personal information. This could be the client ID, name of insured individual, engine number, chassis number, or vehicle registration number.
- Provide personal details (mobile number, email id).
- Mention the source of income.
- Once submitted, one will have to check the premium amount and pay it to renew the policy.
Why Deductible Is Important In A Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance
Insurers use a term ‘deductible’ when they offer vehicle insurance policies. This is nothing but a certain sum of money which the individual (person who purchased the policy) is expected to pay in case of an incident requiring repairs to the 2 wheeler.
Opting for a higher deductible amount essentially results in lowered premiums. Riders confident in their ability to handle a vehicle could opt for a higher deductible, thereby paying limited premium.
What To Do After Expiry Of A Tata AIG Bike Insurance
Riding a two-wheeler without a valid insurance is against the traffic laws of the country, with this act punishable by a fine. In order to avoid this, it is imperative to ensure that the motor insurance policy is active at all times. In case it has expired, it should be immediately renewed.
Insurers now provide reminders to promote renewal before policy expiry. Renewing a lapsed policy could be a hassle, with certain cases requiring physical inspection of the vehicle before insurance is given.
One could renew the policy online, through the official website of Tata AIG or could use third-party sources to do the same.
Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance Customer Care Service
Individuals who require any assistance regarding their Tata AIG motor vehicle insurance can reach out to company representatives on their 24x7 toll-free number – 1800 266 7780. Senior citizens who have policies can use the toll-free number 1800 22 9966 to air their grievances.
Alternately, one can also email company officials on customersupport[at]tata-aig[dot]com or fax them on 022 66938170.
Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance Frequently Asked Questions:
Why can’t one buy a Tata AIG two-wheeler insurance policy on the official website?
In order to purchase a new insurance policy it is important for an individual (insurance agent) to check the vehicle and inspect it. One could request for an agent to contact them, with it possible to buy the policy once it has been inspected.
Where can I find the claims form?
The claims form can be downloaded from the official website of Tata AIG Insurance.
What is the Insured Declared Value?
The Insured Declared Value is the sum assured which is provided in the event of loss of vehicle. It represents the value of the vehicle as per current market conditions.
Will I have to pay an additional amount if I opt for add-ons?
Yes, add-ons can be purchased by paying an additional amount, over and above the basic premium sum.
Do I have to report all incidents to the police?
It is important to avail the copy of an FIR in certain cases. This is required if there is damage to the property of a third-party, injury to a third party, theft, etc.