India is home to the most number of two-wheelers in the world, with over 48,000 bikes sold here each day. The government has made insurance mandatory for these vehicles, not only to protect riders, but also others who might be involved in accidents with these two wheelers. Tata AIG is a popular name in the Indian insurance industry, with it offering insurance products to cater to the two wheeler market as well. Tata AIG offers two wheeler insurance under its motor insurance category, utilising a vast network of over 150 branches located across the country.
Features and Benefits of Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance
||1 year, 2 years, or three years, based on the type of policy purchased
- Liability Only Policy
- Auto Secure – Two Wheeler Package Policy
- Long Term Two Wheeler Package Policy
- Damage to the vehicle
- Third-party liability insurance cover
- Personal accident cover
- Damage caused outside India
- Damage caused due to riding under the influence of alcohol
- If the vehicle is used for racing, speed-testing, ferrying passengers, etc.
- Damage/loss due to nuclear activities
||Yearly renewable or renewable once in two/three years, based on the type of policy you purchase
*Note: The add-ons that are offered by the insurer might vary based on the type of policy you purchase.
- Consumable expenses
- Emergency medical expenses
- Additional third-party property damage cover
- Additional personal accident cover to owner-driver
- Additional personal accident cover to unnamed persons
|No claim bonus (NCB)
||No claim bonus is accorded if no claims are made during the policy period. This ranges from 20 to 50%, based on the NCB at the start of the policy.
|No claim bonus after claim
||In case a claim is made, the no claim bonus varies based on the NCB at the start of the policy. It reduces by 5 to 20%, based on the claim made.
||Premiums are not refunded once paid.
|If plan expires
||Policy can be renewed. Renewal could involve a physical inspection of the vehicle by the insurer.
||Tata AIG has network garages across the country. One can utilise the search option on the website to find the closest network garage.
Reasons To Choose Tata AIG Bike insurance
A two-wheeler insurance policy is extremely useful given our road conditions. While there are a number of insurers offering this product, there are a few points which differentiate Tata AIG’s two-wheeler insurance policy from the other two-wheeler insurance policies available in the market.
- Discounts – The No Claim Bonus that is offered by Tata AIG can help the policyholder save on premium payments.
- Protection – The policy covers the loss/damage to the vehicle arising out of multiple scenarios.
- Online renewal – A policyholder can renew the policy online, helping him/her save time and effort.
- Third-party liability – The policy provides protection against third-party legal liability.
- National presence – Tata AIG has a presence across the country, with over 187 branches and 15,000 plus licensed agents catering to any requirement which could arise.
- Hassle-free settlement – Tata AIG follows a simple and hassle-free procedure when it comes to claim settlement.
- Extended cover – One can opt for a long-term cover, wherein the policy is valid for 3 years, saving one time with regard to annual renewal.
- Add-ons – One can choose from various add-on options to enhance the protection offered by a base plan.
- Cashless garages – Tata AIG has a wide network of cashless garages located across the country. Cashless services can be availed at these garages
- 24x7 Customer service – Tata AIG has a 24x7 customer care network which caters to any queries/problems one could have.
Two Wheeler Insurance Plans Available Under Tata AIG
Tata AIG currently offers three insurance plans for two-wheelers – the Auto Secure – Two-wheeler Package Policy, the Long Term Two Wheeler Package Policy, and the Liability Only Policy.
- Auto Secure – Two Wheeler Package Policy – This is an annually renewable insurance product which offers protection against a number of eventualities. It comes with various add-on options, thus helping policy buyers customise the coverage.
- Long Term Two Wheeler Package Policy - The long-term policy is designed to provide cover for a term of two or three years, freeing one from the task of renewing the policy every year. Not only is the protection offered for an increased period but the policy also helps one save money on premiums. An individual can opt for add-on covers based on his/her requirements.
- Liability Only Policy: If you own a two-wheeler, you are required to at least have a third-party liability-only policy. This policy provides coverage against the death of a third party, bodily injuries sustained by a third party, and damage to the assets/property of a third party.
Coverage Offered By Tata AIG Bike
Individuals who purchase this policy are protected in the following circumstances.
- Loss of vehicle – The insurer will pay the Insured Declared Value (IDV) which is akin to the sum assured in case of loss of the vehicle. The amount could change depending on a number of circumstances.
- Damages – In case the vehicle is damaged (under certain conditions), the IDV or an equivalent amount will be paid based on the extent of the damage. The cover protects against the following:
- Natural calamities (earthquakes, cyclones, hailstorms, flood, etc.)
- Damages due to transit by air, waterway, elevator, etc.
- Terrorist activities
- Third-party cover – This covers damages to third-party properties and bodily injuries/death of a third party, subject to the incident occurring by the vehicle insured.
- Personal accident cover – Under this, the insurer pays a certain amount if an individual meets with an accident while using the insured vehicle. This is paid in case of death, loss of limb(s)/eye(s), or permanent total disability.
- Emergency medical cover - Under this the insurer pays for emergency medical expenses arising out of an accident while using the insured vehicle.
- Consumables – The policy covers the cost of certain consumables (oil filter, engine oil, lubricants, bearings, screws, etc.), in cases where the same need to be replaced on account of an accident involving the vehicle.
- Imported parts – In cases where certain parts are unavailable in the country, the insurer will pay the price to get such part from abroad.
- Legal liability – The policy will cover the cost of any legal liability, subject to certain conditions.
Note: The cover depends on the policy chosen. Also, certain benefits are applicable only if the individual has opted for add-on covers.
Exclusions Under Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance
An insurance policy does not provide complete coverage. Certain exceptions are put in place to protect against misuse of the provisions of the policy.
- If damage to the vehicle occurs outside the geographical jurisdiction of the insurer.
- If the vehicle is stolen outside certain geographical boundaries.
- In cases where the vehicle is damaged when used by an individual who is not a driver according to the clause agreed upon while purchasing the policy.
- In cases where the vehicle is used for a purpose not agreed upon (for example, if a private two wheeler is used to ferry passengers).
- If damage to the vehicle is caused due to nuclear activities.
- If the vehicle is damaged due to an act of war, civil unrest, invasion, etc.
- In case of personal accident cover, no amount will be paid if the incident is due to consumption of alcohol/drugs. Similarly, no benefit will be paid if such an incident occurred on account of attempted suicide.
- In case there is a loss to electrical fittings caused by electrical/mechanical breakdown.
- Any cost associated with consumables (engine oil, lubricants, washers, etc.) when the vehicle is repaired at unauthorised garages.
- In case of emergency medical expense cover, no benefit will be paid if the incident is on account of pre-existing medical conditions, psychosomatic disorders, physiotherapy treatments, etc. Similarly, no benefit is payable if one fails to produce original bills in support of said treatment.
- In case the vehicle is used for purposes like racing, reliability tests, speed tests, etc.
- Any wear and tear associated with normal use of the vehicle.
Eligibility to Buy The Tata AIG Bike Insurance Online
Government regulations make it mandatory to have a vehicle insurance policy in India. As such, these are a few aspects which Tata AIG looks at before issuing a bike insurance policy.
- Registration – The vehicle should be registered with a Regional Transport Office (RTO) in the country.
- Fitness certificate – The vehicle should have a fitness certificate (if applicable).
- Driver details – A valid driving licence might be asked before a policy can be purchased.
- Payment – An individual will be expected to pay the requisite amount based on the vehicle.
The eligibility to purchase a motor insurance policy could vary, based on whether it is a new insurance policy application or one to renew an existing policy.
Steps to buy the Tata AIG two wheeler insurance online
Tata AIG provides customers the option to purchase or renew two-wheeler insurance policies through its official website. Individuals looking to buy a bike insurance policy online can also do so through other third-party insurance websites that have been given permission to sell insurance policies.
Alternately, one can use the official website of Tata AIG to enquire about the policy, after which company representatives will contact them to take the process ahead.
How to Make A Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance Claim?
In case of an incident which results in damage to vehicle/occupant/third-party, it is advisable to inform the insurer immediately and begin the claim process. One can do this by following a few simple steps.
- Intimate Tata AIG by calling their 24x7 helpline. Alternately, you can also register a claim through the insurer’s official website.
- The claim form should be filled. One will need to provide information including the policy number, vehicle number, name of the insured person, contact details, date/time of the incident, place of incident, loss incurred (property, third-party loss, injury, etc.), details of the driver, etc.
- The form should be supported by documents including a police FIR (where applicable), details of the police station under which incident occurred, etc. This copy should be attested by authorised individuals.
- In case of death, an attested death certificate should be sent. In case of other medical treatment, the medical report should be attached with the claim form.
- Payment details of the individual should be provided. These include the PAN, bank account number, etc.
It should be noted that all information provided should be accurate. Submitting fake documents could result in the claim being rejected.
Steps to Buy Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance Online
To purchase a two-wheeler insurance policy from Tata AIG, you will need to do as follows:
- Visit the insurer’s official website.
- Click on ‘Buy’ at the top of the page.
- Select ‘Two Wheeler’ and key in the required details.
- After entering the details, you will have to click on ‘Get Quote’.
- If you think the premium quote is reasonable, you can proceed to purchase the policy.
Renew a Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance Online In Simple Steps
In the past, one had to visit an insurer to renew a lapsed two-wheeler insurance policy. Today, this can be done online, by following a few basic steps.
- Log onto the official website of Tata AIG insurance.
- Click on ‘Renew’ at the top of the page.
- Next, you will need to click on ‘Two Wheeler’.
- Key in your mobile number and the policy number, and then click on ‘Proceed’.
- You will be able to renew your policy online after completing the above-mentioned formalities.
Why Deductible Is Important In A Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance
Insurers use the term ‘deductible’ when they offer vehicle insurance policies. This is nothing but a certain sum of money which the individual (person who has purchased the policy) is expected to pay in case of an incident requiring repairs to the two wheeler.
Opting for a higher deductible amount essentially results in lowered premiums. Riders confident in their ability to handle a vehicle could opt for a higher deductible to save on premium payments.
What to do After Expiry Of A Tata AIG Bike Insurance
Riding a two-wheeler without a valid insurance policy is against the traffic laws of the country, with this act being punishable by a fine. In order to avoid this, it is imperative to ensure that the motor insurance policy is active at all times. In case it has expired, it should be immediately renewed.
Insurers now provide reminders to promote renewal before policy expiry. Renewing a lapsed policy could be a hassle, with certain cases requiring physical inspection of the vehicle before insurance is given.
One could renew the policy online, through the official website of Tata AIG or could use third-party sources to do the same.
Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance Customer Care Service
Individuals who require any assistance regarding their Tata AIG motor vehicle insurance can reach out to company representatives on their toll-free number – 1800 266 7780. Senior citizens who have policies can use the toll-free number 1800 22 9966 to air their grievances.
Alternately, one can also email company officials on customersupport[at]tata-aig[dot]com or fax them on 022 66938170.
Tata AIG Two Wheeler Insurance Frequently Asked Questions:
1.Can I purchase a two-wheeler insurance policy from Tata AIG online?
Yes, you can purchase a two-wheeler insurance policy from Tata AIG through the insurer’s official website. You may also be able to purchase the policy through trusted third-party insurance websites.
2.Where can I find the claims form?
The claims form can be downloaded from the official website of Tata AIG Insurance.
3.What is the Insured Declared Value?
The Insured Declared Value is the sum insured that is provided in case of constructive total loss or theft of the vehicle. It represents the value of the vehicle as per current market conditions.
4.Will I have to pay an additional amount if I opt for add-ons?
Yes, add-ons can be purchased by paying an additional amount, over and above the basic premium sum.
5.Do I have to report all incidents to the police?
It is important to avail the copy of an FIR in certain cases. This is required if there is damage to the property of a third-party, injury to a third party, theft of the vehicle, etc.
6.What is covered under third-party liability insurance policies?
Third-party liability insurance policies provide coverage against:
7.How does the No Claim Bonus help policyholders?
- Death of a third party
- Bodily injuries suffered by a third party
- Damages caused to a third party’s assets, vehicle, or property
- Accidental death or disability of the policyholder
The No Claim Bonus is offered by motor insurance companies to policyholders who don’t raise claims during the policy term in order to reward the concerned individual’s safe driving/riding. The No Claim Bonus can help a policyholder avail a reduced premium rate during the next year. Further, policyholders can also accrue the No Claim Bonus. Given how helpful it can be in reducing your premium payable for the following year, it is advisable to ride safe and not raise small claims.
8.Can I renew my two-wheeler insurance policy on the insurer’s website?
Yes, Tata AIG General Insurance gives policyholders the option of renewing their two-wheeler insurance policies through the company’s official website by paying the due premium online.
9.Do two-wheeler insurance policies cover theft of the vehicle?
Yes, comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policies do cover theft of the vehicle. If your vehicle is stolen, you will be eligible to receive the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your two-wheeler, at the most, after completing the specified formalities.
10.What are certain documents that I will need to submit to raise a claim?
The documents that you will need to submit when raising a claim are as follows:
- Duly-filled and signed claim form
- Copy of the registration certificate of the vehicle
- Copy of the driving license
- Copy of the insurance policy
- FIR, if applicable
- Repair bill in original, cash receipt, and proof of release
- Any other documents that are requested by your insurance company
This insurance company/organisation is not a partner of Bankbazaarinsurance.com. The content provided here is for informational purposes only. Readers should visit the branch office/website of the insurer for more details. The logos, trademarks, and other intellectual property on display belong to their respective owners.