Tata Motors Limited is one among the top automobile manufacturers serving customers with quality products in over 170 countries across the globe.
Why is it Important to Insure Your Tata cars?
As per the Motor Vehicles Act of India, it is mandatory to insure your vehicle before you start using it. Also, having a car insurance ensures that you have a financial support at the time of a mishap to cover the liabilities that you may incur.
Tata Car Insurance Providers
A number of insurers provide Tata insurance in India, a few of them are listed below:
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Co. Ltd.
Tata houses the following vehicles:
- Tata Tiago Wizz
- Tata GenX Nano
- Tata Bolt
- Tata Indica
- Tata Zest
- Tata Indigo
- Tata Hexa
- Tata Safari Storme
- Tata Sumo Gold
- Tata Nexon
- Tata Tigor
Types of Tata Car Insurance
There are two kinds of car insurance available for Tata:
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
A comprehensive car insurance ensures that the third-party liabilities, as well as own damage liabilities, are covered by the insurer at the time of the mishap.
- Third-party Liability Cover
A comprehensive car insurance ensures that only the third-party liabilities are covered by the insurer at the time of the mishap.
Buying/renewing Tata Car Insurance
You can purchase or renew your car insurance online or offline depending on your convenience
You can buy a new car insurance or renew the existing insurance policy by visiting the insurer’s official website or a third-party website.
You can purchase or buy a car insurance offline too by visiting the nearest branch office of the insurer or meeting with an insurance agent.
Tata Car Insurance Claim Process
The claim process for Tata car insurance involves the following steps:
- Inform the insurer as soon as the mishap takes place
- Register your claim request
- File an FIR at the nearest police station
- An authorised surveyor will be sent to assess the total loss/damage incurred
- Submit the copies and originals of the relevant documents to the insurer/surveyor for verification
- Take your car to the nearest garage and get it repaired
- In case of a cashless claim, the insurer will pay the garage for the repairs
- In case of a reimbursement claim, you will have to pay the garage for the repairs and later submit the payment receipt for the same to the insurer. The insurer after verifying the documents submitted will reimburse the amount you spent on the repairs.
Inclusions and Exclusions of Tata Car Insurance
Tata Car Insurance comes with a number of inclusions and exclusions, a few of them are listed below:
- Loss/damage due to man-made calamities, natural calamities, theft, etc.
- Third-party Liabilities
- Own Damage Liabilities
- General wear and tear of the vehicle
- Mechanical or electrical failure of the vehicle
- Damage to the tyres alone
- Damage/loss when the vehicle was being driven by someone without a valid licence
Add-ons Offered with Tata Car Insurance
There are a number of add-ons available in the market for Tata Car Insurance, a few of them are listed below:
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Engine Protect Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- No Claim Bonus Protect Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
Discounts Offered with Tata Car Insurance
The insurers offer a number of discounts to Tata car owners, a few of them are listed below:
- Discount on insurance premium if you are a member of any automobile associations of India
- Professional Discount
- Discount on insurance premium if you have installed ARAI approved security devices in your car
- No Claim Bonus Discount
Tata Car Insurance FAQs:
What is a voluntary deductible?
A voluntary deductible is part of the insured amount that the policyholder opts to pay at the time of claim settlement.
What is an endorsement?
An endorsement is a change you incorporate in your insurance policy document in terms of personal information, vehicle information, etc.
What is salvage?
Salvage is the total value of the vehicle’s damage/loss post an incident.
What is total loss?
Total loss is when the vehicle has been damaged beyond repair as a result of a mishap.
What is a No Claim Bonus (NCB)?
An NCB is a discount on the insurance premium offered to the policyholder by the insurer for every claim-free year.