• Madhya Pradesh (MP) Two wheeler Registration Process

    Two Wheeler Insurance
    • Get quotes from multiple insurers
    • Cashless garages available
    • Buy/renew your policy online without hassles

    India is one of the leading manufacturers of two-wheelers worldwide. The consumption is so high that there is place for every bike manufacturer in the Indian market. Almost household in the country has a two-wheeler either a bike or a scooter. Madhya Pradesh is also one such state, where two-wheelers are one of the prime mode of transport.

    Every vehicle that is driven on the roads of MP has to be registered under proper RTOs according to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. The Transport Department of MP ensures that the law and order concerning to traffic and vehicle registration, road tax payments,etc. are followed by every two-wheeler owner as per MP Motor Vehicles Taxation Act 1924. There lakhs of registered vehicles in MP and there are 10 regional transport offices, 10 additional regional transport offices, 30 district transport offices and 40 transport checkposts at state border. Madhya Pradesh is one of the pioneer states to use digital technology to enhance the customer service quality and streamline the RTO process that makes it easy for the general public to follow.

    Two-wheeler Regional Transport Offices in Madhya Pradesh

    Listed below are the regional transport offices present in the state of Madhya Pradesh where two-wheeler owners can get their vehicles registered:

    Location of RTO in Madhya Pradesh RTO code
    Madhya Pradesh MP 01
    Shivpuri MP 33
    Sheopur MP 31
    Madhya Pradesh MP 02
    Datia MP 32
    Madhya Pradesh MP 03
    Bhopal MP 04
    Damoh MP 34
    Hoshangabad MP 05
    Panna MP 35
    Morena MP 06
    Tikamgarh MP 36
    Gwalior MP 07
    Sehore MP 37
    Guna MP 08
    Raisen MP 38
    Indore MP 09
    Rajgarh MP 39
    Khargone MP 10
    Vidisha MP 40
    Dhar MP 11
    Dewas MP 41
    Khandwa MP 12
    Shajapur MP 42
    Ujjain MP 13
    Ratlam MP 43
    Mandsaur MP 14
    Neemuch MP 44
    Sagar MP 15
    Jhabua MP 45
    Chhatarpur MP 16
    Barwani MP 46
    Rewa MP 17
    Harda MP 47
    Shahdol MP 18
    Betul MP 48
    Satna MP 19
    Narsinghpur MP 49
    Jabalpur MP 20
    Balaghat MP 50
    Katni MP 21
    Mandla MP 51
    Seoni MP 22
    Dindori MP 52
    Raipur MP 23
    Sidhi MP 53
    Durg MP 24
    Umaria MP 54
    Jagdalpur MP 25
    Anuppur MP 65
    Bilaspur MP 26
    Singrauli MP 66
    Ambikapur MP 27
    Ashoknagar MP 67
    Chhindwara MP 28
    Burhanpur MP 68
    Rajnandgaon MP 29
    Alirajpur MP 69
    Bhind MP 30
    Agar MP 70

    Two-wheeler registration Process:

    If it is a new bike/scooter, the vehicle should be registered with any of the RTOs in MP within 7 days from the purchase date of the vehicle. The applicant must submit Form 20 to the registering authority at the RTO along with the following documents:

    • Original sales certificate in Form 21- 1 copy
    • 1 copy - Road worthiness certificate from the manufacturer in Form 22
    • Form-20 duly filled and signed by you
    • Valid two-wheeler insurance policy (mandatory)
    • Pollution Under Control certificate
    • Identity Proof like AADHAAR, Voter ID, Driving License, PAN, etc.
    • Address Proof (rental agreement, ration card, electricity bill, BSNL landline telephone bill)
    • Custom duty clearance certificate if the vehicle is imported
    • Form 21 along with original sales certificate, if it’s an ex-army vehicle
    • Tax payment fee
    • Attested copy of PAN or Form 60
    • Applicable registration fee

    The registration certificate issued is valid throughout the country. Only if you transfer to a different state permanently, then the vehicle has to be re-registered in that state accordingly. The RC is valid for 15 years post which the owner has to renew the RC periodically.

    Renewal of Registration Certificate:

    In case you want to renew the registration certificate, then you should submit the following documents:

    • Form 25 application with applicable fee must be submitted to concerned authority 60 days before the expiry of RC
    • Vehicle inspection clearance form
    • Original RC book
    • Pollution Under Control Certificate
    • Copy of valid two-wheeler insurance policy
    • ID and Address proof

    Documents required for duplicate registration certificate for vehicles:

    The RTO issues a duplicate RC when the owner has lost or misplaced the original document. If you lose the original RC, then file an FIR with the nearest police station and get the copy of the same. Here are the documents required are:

    • Copy of FIR
    • Valid two-wheeler insurance copy
    • Copy of Pollution Under Control Certificate
    • Address proof
    • Road tax payment receipts
    • Form 26
    • Attested copy of PAN or Form 60

    Documents required to issue NOC for other state:

    If the owner of the vehicle wants to re-register his/her vehicle in another state as he/she has shifted the residence, then NOC from the current RTO is required. Here is all you have to submit:

    • Attested Registration Certificate copy
    • Valid two-wheeler insurance copy
    • Copy of Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate
    • Form 28 duly filled and signed by the owner
    • Paid road tax receipts

    Documents required for RC ownership transfer:

    A written application must be submitted to the concerned authority at the RTO where the vehicle was initially registered. The application must contain the reason of ownership transfer in RC i.e. death, transferring to another state, second-hand bike purchase, etc.

    • Form 30
    • Original Registration Certificate
    • Valid two-wheeler insurance copy
    • Form 29 along with one duplicate self-attested copy
    • Copy of Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate
    • Address proof of the new owner of the bike
    • Attested copy of PAN or Form 60
    • Tax payment receipts
    • Transfer fee as applicable

    Re-registration documents for private vehicles:

    • From 25 application
    • Road tax receipt paid until the re-registration date
    • Two-wheeler insurance policy copy (active)
    • Original RC
    • Copy of Pollution Under Control Certificate
    • Any dues towards road tax payment have to be cleared before re-registering the vehicle in new city. A copy of the same should be submitted along with mentioned documents.
    • Attested copy of PAN or Form 60

    Documents required for change of address in RC:

    • Form 33 duly filled
    • Original Registration Certificate
    • Active two-wheeler insurance policy copy
    • Copy of Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate
    • Address proof of new residence
    • NOC if the vehicle has been purchased on loan
    • Attested copy of PAN or Form 60 and 61 as applicable
    • Applicable transfer fee

    The content on this website is meant only for general information purpose and does not and shall not be construed as any solicitation, procurement, display, aggregation, marketing or advertisement of insurance products. BankBazaarInsurance is not an insurance intermediary and hence does not endorse or solicit any such products. The information on this website is derived from publicly available sources and BankBazaarInsurance cannot verify or confirm the genuineness, truth, veracity or authenticity of this information.

    Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.