Following its incorporation as a company on the 18th of February 1938, the United India Insurance Company Limited commenced general insurance business in the country post nationalisation in 1972. The company was formed as a result of a merger between 12 Indian insurance firms and four cooperative insurance societies as well as Indian operations of overseas insurers apart from general insurance operations of southern region of LIC. After it was nationalised, the United India Insurance Company Limited has grown tremendously and currently boasts a workforce of over 18,000 employees across more than 1300 branches across the country. Over one crore individuals have purchased insurance policies from the company, highlighting its trustworthiness among the general public.
Features and Benefits of United India two-wheeler insurance:
||The coverage period for United India Two Wheeler Insurance Online is usually one year, but a policy with a shorter duration can also be availed.
||Package Policy and Liability Only Policy
Transit by inland waterways, rail, road, lift or air
- Accidental loss or damage of two wheeler
- Lightening, explosion, fire or self-ignition
- Loss or damage to two wheeler caused by accidental external means
- Numerous Add on covers
- Personal accident cover
- Storm, earthquake, rockslide, landslide, flood, terrorism, strikes, inundation, malicious acts, strikes
- Theft, burglary or house-breaking
- Third party liability
If the vehicle is used to reward or hire, racing or speed testing, reliability trials, etc.
- Contractual liability
- Damage caused by an individual riding under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Damage caused by an individual riding without a valid driving license
- Damage caused outside the country unless it is covered for Maldives, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Bhutan
- Damage or loss caused by nuclear risks, mutiny or war
- Damage or loss caused to accessories of the two wheeler by theft, burglary or housebreaking
- Damage to tubes and tyres
- Depreciation or any other consequential losses
- Electrical or mechanical breakdown
|No Claim Benefit
||In case a customer has not made any claims over the course of the policy term, a discount or bonus called No Claim can be availed on the premium payment applicable to the new policy. The discount can range from 20% to 50% based on the number of claim free years.
|Zero Depreciation Cover
||Following the submission of a payment transaction, the company will not entertain any requests to refund payments. However, in case a wrong amount of money has been debited from your account following a service, the company will return the sum of money debited in excess of the actual amount.
|If Plan Expired
||If the plan expires, you can renew it by entering your 20-digit policy number along with a few other details as requested. You will immediately receive a digitally signed policy in your registered email ID and an SMS notification on your registered mobile number once you have made the premium payment.
||The United India Insurance Company Limited has a wide network of garages across the country so that customers can find it easy to find solutions in times of emergencies. The list of network garages can be found on the official website of the company, and customers can find it by simply typing ‘Cashless Garage’ in the search bar on the website.
Reasons to Choose United India Two Wheeler Insurance Online
Following are the main reasons to purchase United India Two Wheeler Insurance Online:
Protection – The United India Two Wheeler Insurance Online policy offers comprehensive protection to ensure that customers are financially covered in case of loss/damage to their 2 wheelers.
Third Party Liability – The United India Two Wheeler Insurance Online policy offers protection against any third party damages.
Personal Accident Cover – Customers who purchase the United India Two Wheeler Insurance Online policy can avail personal accident cover subject to a maximum of Rs.1 lakh per insured year.
Discounts – Customers who purchase the United India Two Wheeler Insurance Online policy can save a good amount of money by making the most of the No Claim Bonus under this plan. Discounts can also be availed on anti-theft devices and through Automobile Association Membership.
Online Renewal – Individuals who purchase the United India Two Wheeler Insurance Online policy have the convenience of renewing their policy from the comfort of their homes once the policy has expired.
National Presence – The United India Insurance Company Limited is consistently has established a strong presence across India with over 1800 offices operating in different cities. With more than 14,000 employees on its payroll and a large number of experienced agents has made the company one of the best in India.
Hassle-free Settlement – The United India Insurance Company Limited follows a simple and hassle-free procedure to settle claims.
24/7 Customer Service – The United India Insurance Company Limited has a customer service team that works round the clock to ensure that customers have access to solutions with any problem or concern they face at any time.
Available Plans in United India Insurance Company
The United India Insurance Company Limited offers two kinds of two-wheeler insurance policies – Package policy and Liability Only policy.
- The Package policy offered by the United India Insurance Company Limited covers losses incurred through own damage in a number of situations such as natural calamities or man made causes or theft. It also covers damages to third party as it is a comprehensive policy.
- The Liability Only policy offered by the United India Insurance Company Limited covers losses incurred by third parties, including death and bodily injuries as well as damage to property.
Coverage Offered in United India Two Wheeler Insurance
Following are the circumstances under which cover will be provided by the United India Two Wheeler Insurance Policy:
- In case of the loss of a 2 wheeler during the policy term, the United India Insurance Company will pay the policyholder the Insured Declared Value which will be equal to the sum assured for the 2 wheeler.
- In case a two wheeler is damaged due to reasons such as theft, burglary or house-breaking Lightening, explosion, fire or self-ignition, storm, earthquake, rockslide, landslide, flood, terrorism, strikes, inundation, malicious acts, strikes, transit by inland waterways, rail, road, lift or air.
- Accident coverage will be provided to the owner of the 2 wheeler in case of the demise or injury incurred by an individual while mounting or dismounting the two wheeler, or while travelling.
- The United India Two Wheeler Insurance policy covers damages to third party properties if the damage is caused by the insured two wheeler.
- Extension covers can be purchased by paying an additional premium in exchange for enhanced protection.
- Loss or damage to electrical or non-electrical accessories.
- Damage to rubber, plastic or nylon parts will be covered by the United India Two Wheeler Insurance policy, as well as damages to battery and tubes and tyres.
- In case the two-wheeler is non-operational due to reasons covered by the policy, the company will incur the cost of protection as well as delivery to and from the nearest repairer subject to a maximum of Rs.300 per accident.
Note: The cover depends on the policy chosen. Certain benefits are applicable only if the individual has opted for add-on covers.
Exclusions in United India Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
Following are the situations under which no expenses will be reimbursed by the United India Two Wheeler Insurance policy:
- In case of damage arising due to the two-wheeler being ridden without a valid driver’s license.
- In case of any damage or loss to the two-wheeler outside the geographic area covered by the plan.
- In case of damage or loss arising due to the 2 wheeler being ridden by another individual apart from a driver as specified in the driver’s clause of the policy.
- In case of claims arising out of the vehicle being used for purposes other than those defined or agreed.
- In case damage or loss is caused as a result of some type of contractual agreement.
- In case of damage or loss arising due to the rider being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- In case of any nuclear perils and war.
- In case of liabilities or expenses arising out of either consequential event or direct impact of any invasion, hostilities, war, acts of foreign enemies, mutiny, usurped or military power, civil war, or rebellion.
- In case of bodily injury or death arising out of attempted suicide, suicide or intentional self-injury.
- In case tubes or tyres are damaged but the insured 2 wheeler has not incurred any damages in the same accident.
- In case the individual cannot provide proof that the liability raised for claim is not dependent on the aforementioned consequences.
- In case of liabilities arising out of or as a result of consequential events resulting from contamination, ionising or radiation by radioactivity from any nuclear waste or nuclear fuel.
- Electrical or mechanical breakdown, wear and tear, and depreciation.
Eligibility to Buy United India Two Wheeler Insurance
It is compulsory as per government regulations for every two wheeler within the country to be insured. The United India Insurance Company takes into consideration a few aspects as follow before issuing a two wheeler insurance policy
Driver details – The applicant for a bike insurance policy will be requested to display his/her license at the time of purchase.
Fitness certificate – The two wheeler must have a fitness certificate (if applicable).
Modifications – Applications to insure modified two wheelers are often rejected, so make sure that your two wheeler is not modified.
Payment – Depending upon the two wheeler that is being insured, a payment will have to be made to purchase a bike insurance policy.
Registration – The two wheeler must be registered with a Regional Transport Office in India.
Steps to Buy United India Two Wheeler Insurance
While individuals who wish to purchase a two-wheeler insurance policy from United India Insurance Company can do so by visiting a branch of the company, the online route could also be used to do the same from the comfort of your home. Here is a step by step procedure to purchase a 2 wheeler insurance policy from United India:
- Visit the official website of the United India Insurance Company Limited.
- Click on the ‘Motor Insurance’ option on the top right of the page, and then select ‘Get Quote and Buy’.
- You will be redirected to a new page where in you will have to enter several details such as the name of the individual in whose the name the two wheeler is registered, the state in which the vehicle was registered, the kind of two wheeler that has to be insured, the class of two wheeler, the manufacturer, the model, the variant, the body type, the make year, the fuel type, the registration location and the name of the registration authority, the date of purchase and registration, etc.
- Once you have filled in the aforementioned details, you will have to select whether or not you would like to cover the accessories installed in the two-wheeler, and whether or not you require additional cover.
- After all the information has been entered, you will be shown a list of options that best suit your insurance needs.
- Select the policy you like and the concerned team will get in touch with you to proceed with the process.
How to make claims in United India Two Wheeler Insurance?
In case you meet with an accident, here are the steps to follow for making a claim with the United India Insurance Company Limited:
- Intimate the company about the accident by either visiting the nearest branch or through a phone call.
- In case of major accidents, make sure that the two wheeler remains in the same spot as where the accident occurred so that a surveyor can inspect it.
- If there are any third party liabilities, the nearest police station must be contacted and informed about the same.
- Following the completion of the initial formalities, the two wheeler can be taken to an authorised workshop, and an estimate must be requested at the workshop as it will have to be submitted to the company along with your claim form.
- The original copy of any FIRs or police complaints must be shown to the surveyor. Please note that the FIR is mandatory if there are losses, liabilities or damages to third parties.
- Once the surveyor has approved the initial documents and signalled the green light, only can then the 2 wheeler be sent for repairs.
- Once the repairs have been done, you will have to fill in the claim form and submit it to the company after duly signing it along with a copy of the RC, a copy of your driver’s license, and a copy of the FIR as well as others as requested by the United India Insurance Company.
Renew United India Two Wheeler Insurance Online
Customers whose United India two wheeler insurance policy is set to expire can renew the policy online with relative ease. Here are the steps to follow:
- Visit the official website of the United India Insurance Company.
- Place the cursor on the ‘Motor Insurance’ tab on the top right of the home page, and click on ‘Quick Renewal’ on the drop-down menu.
- You will be redirected to a new page that will request you to enter the policy number of the plan that has to be renewed.
- Once you have entered the policy number, you will have to pay the renewal fee through a credit or debit card or net banking.
Why deductible is important in a United India Two Wheeler Insurance policy?
Simply put, a deductible is an amount of money that the individual who purchased the policy will have to pay if his/her two wheeler meets with an accident that requires repairs. Choosing a higher amount as your deductible will ensure that your premium payments are lower, and riders who are confident about handling two wheelers responsibly can select a higher deductible to get a discount on the premium.
What to do after expiry of a United India Two Wheeler Insurance Policy ?
Riding a two wheeler in India without a valid insurance is considered a traffic offence and is punishable by a fine. It is therefore compulsory for all owners of two wheelers to ensure that their two wheeler policies are active at all times. Expired policies must be renewed immediately to stay clear of legal complications. A large number of insurance companies, including the United India Insurance Company Limited, offers reminders to policyholders to renew their policy before it expires. Since the renewal of lapsed policies is often subject to physical inspection of the two wheeler as well as other formalities, renewing your plan before it expires will ensure that there are no hassles to deal with later on. Your United India Two Wheeler Insurance policy can be renewed online over the company’s official website with relative ease.
United India Insurance Company Customer Care Service
The Registered and Head Office of the United India Insurance Company Limited can be reached at 91-044-28520161. The company’s customer support email ID is email@example.com. Individuals who wish to contact an office in the same city can visit the official website of the company and go to the ‘Contact Us’ page wherein a tab called ‘Office Locator’ can help them find the nearest branch of the company.
United India Insurance Company Frequently Asked Questions
- Will the insurance plan offer coverage if I do not have my driving license?
The United India Insurance Company requires the rider to possess a valid driving license on their person at the time of an accident in order to entertain claims.
- How will I be eligible for a No Claim Bonus?
Customers who have not made any claims over the previous policy term can make the most of a No Claim Bonus through which they can receive discounts on the premium payments.
- How long does the United India Two Wheeler Insurance policy last for?
The United India Two Wheeler Insurance policy has a tenure of one year, but policies can also be purchased for shorter durations.
- How is the sum assured for the United India Two Wheeler Insurance policy calculated?
The sum assured of the United India Two Wheeler Insurance policies will be the Insured Declared Value of the two wheeler.
- How is the premium payment towards the United India Two Wheeler Insurance calculated?
The premium payment applicable to a United India Two Wheeler Insurance policy is calculated based on a number of factors like the Insured Declared Value of the two wheeler, its cubic capacity, the age of the two wheeler, the registration zone of the vehicle, the add-on covers availed, etc.
This insurance company/organisation is not a partner of Bankbazaarinsurance.com. The content provided here is for informational purposes only. Readers should visit the branch office/website of the insurer for more details. The logos, trademarks, and other intellectual property on display belong to their respective owners.